Chromebook Distribution at PHS, March 25, 2020 (Mr. Carothers message)
Poolesville Students, Staff, and Community,
Earlier today, Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) sent a message concerning the distribution of Chromebooks for students who do not have the technology at home to support distance learning. Please see the complete message here: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/publicinfo/community/school-year-2019-2020/coronavirus-update-20200325.html. I wanted to highlight important information about the distribution plan for Poolesville High School students.
We are confident that our procedures are designed efficiently and provide for the most limited contact. With this said, we ask that everyone demonstrate patience and adhere to the guidelines of maintaining six feet of separation between other individuals. Slowing the spread of COVID-19 requires everyone to follow the guidance of health officials. We ask those picking up Chromebooks follow all social distancing guidance provided by the CDC and federal, state and local health officials.
Location: Poolesville High School
Date: Thursday, March 26 from 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Parents should arrive at Poolesville High School with the MCPS ID number of the student recorded on paper; it should be written large enough to be read through a car window and/or six feet away.
- Parents should be familiar with the MCPS Notification of Chromebook Responsibilities distributed by MCPS.
- The Chromebooks will be distributed at the front entrance of Poolesville High School. Families arriving by automobile will be using the bus loop at the front of the school. Families arriving by foot will line up (maintaining a safe distance from one another) on the sidewalk by the auditorium.
- Upon arrival, parents will display their child’s MCPS ID number and name.
- MCPS personnel will record the students’ ID number and name on an inventory sheet, retrieve the corresponding Chromebook and charging cord, and deliver the device to the family.
- The family will exit the facility.
Please note: this distribution date/time is for high schools only. Information concerning middle and elementary school distributions can be found in the MCPS message and sent by those principals. If you have students in multiple schools, you will need to go to the school each student attends to pick up a Chromebook. Any students that reside in areas outside of Poolesville enrolled in our magnet programs should pick up a Chromebook from their neighborhood elementary school. Please see the MCPS message for date and time for distribution in these alternative locations.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. As always, I thank you for your flexibility and support.
Mark A. Carothers
Poolesville High School