Barbara Martin, Resource Counselor
The Poolesville High School Counseling department has a google site with updates, lessons, contact information along with parent and community resources. The link for the site is: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/phscounseling/home
Last Name Begins With:
Greg Hand, Counselor A - Diz
Melissa Nagy, Counselor Dj - Kil
Barbara Martin, Resource Counselor Kim-Md
Ramon Snow, Counselor Me-Shez
Nelly Boishin, Counselor Shi-Zz
Jason Boteler, Pupil Personnel Worker
Lisa Fedders, Secretary
Susan Hornburg, Registrar - 240.740.2417
• Registrar's Corner Website
Rosalie DeOto, Career Counselor - 240.740.2449
• College and Career Center Website
Class Of 2021 Senior College Process and Video
Click HERE to view presentation from September, 2020.
Click HERE for the College Video from September, 2020
The MCPS College Admissions Talk show, "Navigating the College Admissions Process During Covid 19", youtube link is:. https://youtu.be/TXYdIAh6gvY
Rising Senior Self-Evaluation and Parent Questionnaire
Please email the completed forms directly to your Counselor!
|Student Self Evaluation||Parent Questionnaire - College Process|
|2020-2021 Master Course List and Registration Card|
Important notes regarding registration:
1. Recommendations will only be made for math courses at the conclusion of the first semester, although students are encouraged to communicate with their current teachers about course recommendations at any time. Students registering for a math course for which they are not recommended will be required to submit a form with parent signature acknowledging the decision to go against the recommendation.
2. Access registration online through MyMCPS Portal at this link: https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. Look for “Class Registration” link on left after logging in. To choose courses, click on the pencil icon in the upper right hand corner to edit each section, click “Okay” when finished with that section. It is very important to click “Submit” at the bottom of the registration webpage in order to complete registration. Please contact your child’s counselor if you have trouble accessing MyMCPS Portal.
3. For the PHS master course list with course codes and the registration card (to be turned in with student and parent signature), please see the table above.
4. For more information about MD & MCPS graduation requirements, please visit: http://coursebulletin.montgomeryschoolsmd.org
5. For more information about specific magnet program requirements, please visit: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/poolesvillehs/magnet/
YOUTH TOWN HALLS SPONSORED BY
CHILDREN’S NATIONAL HOSPITAL, RODHAM INSTITUTE, AND
BLACK COALITION AGAINST COVID-19
COVID-19 & BEYOND SERIES
Wednesdays from 12pm to 1pm
Join us for a series of town halls for teenagers and young adults!
Advanced Registration Required: https://bit.ly/34YeUiF
Virtual Family Nights- Grief Support
School Nominated Scholarships:
Belk, Jefferson and Park Scholarships:
*Check requirements for scholarship and admission to the college to ensure fit
*Fill out google form and answer essay questions in a separate document
Send them to Ms. Deoto by September 24 by noon
College Night Presentation, March 2019 "The College Application: An Insider’s View"
Questions with Answers from the audience of The College Application: An Insider's View
10th Grade Parents: Understanding PSAT Scores, College Readiness and Using Naviance Student, (UpDated 10/19/2020)
12th grade Parents: College Application Process Presentation, (Updated 9/9/19)