Barbara Martin, Resource Counselor
The Poolesville High School Counseling department has a google site with updates, lessons, contact information along with parent and community resources. The link for the site is: https://sites.google.com/mcpsmd.net/phscounseling/home
|Last Name Begins With:|
|Greg Hand, Counselor||A - Diz|
|Melissa Nagy, Counselor||Dj - Kil|
|Barbara Martin, Resource Counselor||Kim-Md|
|Ramon Snow, Counselor||Me-Shez|
|Nelly Boishin, Counselor||Shi-Zz|
|Jason Boteler, Pupil Personnel Worker|
|Lisa Fedders, Secretary|
Susan Hornburg, Registrar - 240.740.2417
Rosalie DeOto, Career Counselor - 240.740.2449
Rising Senior College Planning
Click HERE to view presentation from June, 2020
The MCPS College Admissions Talk show, "Navigating the College Admissions Process During Covid 19", youtube link is:. https://youtu.be/TXYdIAh6gvY
Rising Senior Self-Evaluation and Parent Questionnaire
Please email the completed forms directly to your Counselor!
|Student Self Evaluation||Parent Questionnaire - College Process|
|2020-2021 Master Course List and Registration Card|
Important notes regarding registration:
1. Recommendations will only be made for math courses at the conclusion of the first semester, although students are encouraged to communicate with their current teachers about course recommendations at any time. Students registering for a math course for which they are not recommended will be required to submit a form with parent signature acknowledging the decision to go against the recommendation.
2. Access registration online through MyMCPS Portal at this link: https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. Look for “Class Registration” link on left after logging in. To choose courses, click on the pencil icon in the upper right hand corner to edit each section, click “Okay” when finished with that section. It is very important to click “Submit” at the bottom of the registration webpage in order to complete registration. Please contact your child’s counselor if you have trouble accessing MyMCPS Portal.
3. For the PHS master course list with course codes and the registration card (to be turned in with student and parent signature), please see the table above.
4. For more information about MD & MCPS graduation requirements, please visit: http://coursebulletin.montgomeryschoolsmd.org
5. For more information about specific magnet program requirements, please visit: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/poolesvillehs/magnet/
College Night Presentation, March 2019 "The College Application: An Insider’s View"
Questions with Answers from the audience of The College Application: An Insider's View
Fall 2018 9th grade parent presentation (Updated 10/24/19)
10th Grade Parents: Understanding PSAT Scores, College Readiness and Using Naviance Student
12th grade Parents: College Application Process Presentation, (Updated 9/9/19)
Financial Aid Presentation, September 2019