Parents Technology Support Webinar Series
Parents: MCPS is offering a Parent Technology Support Webinar Series. Please click this link to register for sessions on:
- Understanding Your MCPS Digital Backpack: Identify the technology tools that teachers and students will use in distance learning.
- Getting Started with ParentVUE: The ParentVUE portal gives parents web and mobile access to grades, assignments, and communication with teachers. This system replaces the Parent Portal used in MCPS the last several years.
- ParentVUE Online Registration for Annual Verification of Information: No need to fill out paper forms for updating your emergency cards anymore. Starting this fall, parents will use ParentVUE’s Online Registration to complete their annual verification of information. This includes making updates to addresses, phone numbers, health, emergency contacts, and more.
- Accessing Zoom Meetings: Parents will learn how to help their student(s) join Zoom meetings (the virtual platform used by teachers to instruct students live in MCPS), and actively participate while in the meeting. This session will cover troubleshooting tips as well.
- Supporting Your Student: myMCPS Classroom Navigation: Parents will learn how to navigate myMCPS Classroom to find assignment due dates/details, teacher feedback, class announcements and links to student Zoom classroom meetings.
- Supporting Your Student: myMCPS Classroom Assignments: Parents will learn how students access and complete assignments in myMCPS Classroom.
- Introduction to MAP: Learn what the MAP test is, how it works and what information teachers gain from them. Identify ways to support your student during virtual administration.