Do you like...
- learning about astronomy, robots, space exploration, satellites, and flight technology?
- experimenting with the latest technology and equipment?
- sharing the experience of competition with other students?
- inventing and explaining new ideas and technologies?
- solving engineering problems using scientific knowledge and equipment?
- collaborating with scientists and engineers to make authentic connections?
If so, Parkland Middle School may be for you!
Admission to the Parkland Magnet Middle School for Aerospace Technology is based on a lottery process.
Grade 5 students who live within the geographic area of the three Middle School Magnet Consortium schools (Argyle, Loiederman, and Parkland) will participate in the Choice process and will be assigned to one of the MSMC schools for Grade 6. These students will receive the Choice form by mail.
Parents of Montgomery County students living outside of the MSMC area will be able to obtain a Choice form from any MCPS elementary school, the Middle School Magnet Consortium website, or by calling the Division of Consortia Choice and Application Program Services (DCCAPS) at 301-592-2040.
MCPS will provide transportation for students whose residence is within the Consortium area, but beyond 1.5 miles walking distance from their assigned MSMC school. Students are within the Consortium area if they live in the neighborhood of one of the following elementary schools: Bel Pre, Brookhaven, Georgian Forest, Harmony Hills, Sargent Shriver, Strathmore, Viers Mill, Weller Road, Wheaton Woods.
Parents of accepted students in all other areas of Montgomery County must provide their own transporation to and from Parkland. Parkland maintains an extensive carpool database for families who wish to share their residence information with others. Families in the carpool database receive the database and are responsible for making their own connections with other families.