MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Linkages to Learning
****Parkland Magnet Middle School
****4610 W. Frankfort Dr. Suite 1200 Rockville, MD 20853
Evelyn Garcia- Bilingual Family Case Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org
Gabriela Lopez- Community Service coordinator- email@example.com
We would like to facilitate short consultation methods using the “Remind” APP in order to connect with the community. Parents will have access to resources as they navigate the remote learning experience by Sending a Text to 81010. Text this message @pmmshelp
Send a Text to: 81010
With the message: @pmmshelp
Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and private sector health and human service agencies in Montgomery County, Maryland. The program is designed to enable at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home and in the community. Parents work as partners with program staff to develop solutions to various challenges confronting their children.
To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and academic success of a child.
Mental Health Services
- Mental health assessment
- Individual child and family therapy
- Prevention and therapy groups
- Therapeutic recreation
Social Services and Case Management
- Family needs assessment
- Assistance obtaining clothes, furniture, food, housing, etc.
- Assistance with legal, employment, and immigration issues.
- Crisis intervention (utilities cut-off, evictions, domestic violence, etc.)
- Assistance accessing daycare, summer, and recreational programs.
- Assistance with school supplies
Educational Support Service
- Workshops and Classes for parents (Wellness, Nutrition, etc.)
- ESOL classes
- Parent Educational Group/Women's group
- Community Exchange Network (Backpacks, Food and Holiday assistance)
- After school programs (Homework club, Social Skills groups, etc.)
- Acculturation groups