Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Mission | Staff Office Hours | Medical Careers | Typical Science Experience | Science Teachers | Events | Science Internships |Tri-Science Medal | Science Clubs | Astronomy News | Engineering Science | Academy of Health Professions
The Paint Branch High School Science Department is committed to providing science instruction for all students. Our program addresses what students should know and be able to do in science, preparing them for further scientific study, as well as for their role as young citizens, in a world where science literacy is a basic need.
Staff Office Hours
7:00 a.m. – 7:15 a.m.
LAP – 10:50 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Typical Science Experience
If the 8th Grade Science Grade is an A or B:
- Students can enroll in: Honors Physics 9 OR Honors Biology. Students enrolling in Honors Physics 9 ALSO need to have completed Algebra I by the end of 8th Grade with a final grade of an A or B AND concurrent enrollment in at least Honors Geometry.
If the 8th Grade Science Grade is a C or below:
- Students can enroll in: Biology
Pamela S. Leffler, Resource Teacher
Students at the USA Science & Engineering Festival in DC!
Students at the Chemathon!
- Take, successfully complete (C or better) and sit for the AP exam for 3 of the 5 AP science courses and receive a Tri-Science Medal at graduation.
- Environmental Club
- Science National Honor Society
- Engineering Club
- STEM Club
Astronomy News: Space Telescope Science Institute
In the double period (1 credit) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant class, students will gain a specialized skillset related to facilitating the high demands of a healthcare facility. Students learn to administer medications, assist with minor procedures, obtain laboratory specimens, perform electrocardiograms, provide patient education, and much more. Students have the opportunity to earn and receive credentials as a certified clinical medical assistant.
Exploring Science in the Community!
Students had an exciting day at the USA Science & Engineering Festival in DC!
Ninth grade students attended the Maryland Science Center. It was a fun, interactive and exciting day for all!
Biology students attended the National Aquarium in Baltimore. They had the amazing opportunity to dissect a squid and explore one of the best aquariums in the country!