Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Outdoor and Environmental Education → Information for Parents
Parent Information for Grade 6 Residential Program
Each middle school is assigned dates and a site for their grade six outdoor environmental education program. Also, each school creates its own instructional schedule, including classes and activities. It is an expectation that all 6th grade students participate in the residential program. No child should miss this opportunity due to financial need. Questions about program dates, specific scheduling details, cost, and volunteer opportunities can be directed to the school.
Watch video in Spanish Programa de Educación Ambiental al Aire Libre
Permission Forms (link to MCPS Forms website)
This form is available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Amharic.
- Medication Form
- Packing List
- Sites and Accommodations
- Sample Schedule
- Video - Outdoor Education Overview (youtube)
- Site Information (Maps for each site)
- Get Covered for Tick Season With These Eight Expert Tips Advice from Audubon.org
Menus(as of Fall 2019)
- Smith Center More specific info for the Smith Center only can be found on the MCPS Food Services website
- Camp Letts
Contact your school organizer if you have any questions or concerns including dietary issues. The school, in collaboration with the OEEP office, will work with parents/guardians on accommodations for students with special diets.
Chaperone Information (For ALL Adult Chaperones)
- Click here to find out more information about becoming a chaperone for Outdoor Education.
- Adult Chaperone Disclosure Form Translated forms: Amharic, Chinese, French, Korean, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Volunteer Brochure for OEEP Translations of the Brochure: Chinese,French,Korean,Spanish,Vietnamese
- Online Training Module (Scroll down to the middle of this page. Must be completed once every three years for parent chaperones)
- Invoice for Fingerprinting at American Identity Solutions 2019