CONTACTING OAK VIEW
Contact us at 301-650-6434 leaving a message if there is no answer or email Jeffrey_L_Cline@mcpsmd.org or Hanna_Kim@mcpsmd.org. We try to respond to calls within 24-48 hours. Be sure to answer your phone when we call back as we are experiencing many unanswered return calls. You can stop by the school between 9:00 and 3:00 and if someone is there we can assist you. Some services may require us having you schedule an appointment.
NEED REGISTRATION ASSISTANCE?
If you need personal assistance with registration contact us at 301-650-6434 leaving a message if there is no answer or email Jeffrey_L_Cline@mcpsmd.org or Hanna_Kim@mcpsmd.org. We try to respond to calls within 24-48 hours. Be sure to answer your phone when we call back as we are experiencing many unanswered return calls. You can stop by the school between 9:00 and 3:00 and if someone is there we can assist you. Some services may require us having you schedule an appointment.
Instrumental Music Information
Free and Reduced Meals [FARMS] Application is now available - FARMS is only good for one school year.
You need to fill out a new form each school year, so please don't wait.
ONLINE FARMS APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
is NOW OPEN for parents to complete and submit
the 2020–2021 Online application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
*Spanish and other languages are available online*
Parents who need technical help can call 240-740-7020 Monday-Friday between 7am and 8pm or email email@example.com.
Virtual Opening of School Preparation - Professional Learning on Technology for Parents
ParentVUE Support for Parents
- If families did not receive an email with ParentVUE activation information, they can call 240-740-7020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If parents can only see some children but not all, please complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3RJam5Fl3jdbhxmSttrSLB-ybJ3Gwp4sB8dPAwqj1VjmzNg/viewform
MiFi Consent Form. If a family requests a wireless MiFi for use by their students, schools can fill out a Google Form on behalf of the family. When wireless MiFis are available for distribution, the district will deliver these devices to the school so that the school can distribute them to the families who have requested them. Families will then need to fill out the consent form (Spanish) in order to pick them up from the school. Requests for MiFis must be done through the Google Form and by the school’s administration.
- We will be recording lessons in order to support families and students, create flexibility in accessing learning experiences when attending live instruction is a barrier, and enhance the opportunity to review lesson content and resources.
- When students first log in, their video and audio is off by default. If students should not be recorded, they should leave these off.
- Recordings are protected, available only to students through a protected myMCPS site, unavailable for download, and will delete after 72 hours.
- We recognize that even with these protections there may be students or families who do not want their children’s images or voices to be captured. If you would like to have your student opt out of being in the recording, they should keep their video off in each class from the start of the school year. Parents/guardians are asked to indicate an opt out in the Parent Vue portal by September 11, 2020.
Link to the Parent Vue Slide Deck provides families with information about activating the Parent Vue Account.