WNHS is home of the Northwood Update, the daily morning news show run by students. The program features information about athletics, clubs, college visits, and other important events in the Northwood community. The show airs during the first 5-10 minutes of first period.
Ms. Iris Schwarz
Video Productions Teacher/WNHS Producer
Mr. Johnny Thrift
Media Services Technician
Requesting An Announcement
To request an announcement please fill out the google form (please hyperlink the words google form and use:https://goo.gl/forms/kZUWozmRfnjJWKJ82). You can also find the google form on the Media Center’s website page. Please note that announcements need to be submitted by 8 AM the school day before you want them announced. If an announcement is submitted after 8 AM, the school day prior, it will not air the next day.
- Please submit your request 48 hours in advance.
- It is your responsibility to check spelling and information accuracy.
- Announcements may be edited for time/space constraints.
- Your request can only air for a maximum of 3 days.
- Any videos, images, or PPT/Google Slides to be used for the announcements should be noted in your announcement and emailed to Iris Schwarz.
- Videos are preferred in .MP4 or .WMV files.
- Videos cannot contain copyrighted music and must be 1 minute or less.
- Images should be JPEGs preferably in HD 16:9 format.
Contact Ms. Schwarz with any additional inquiries about airing an announcement on WNHS. Email: Iris_N_Schwarz@mcpsmd.org
Experiencing Technical Difficulties?
Any staff members who experience technical issues while trying to tune in to the show should contact Mr. Thrift. Email: Johnny_Thrift@mcpsmd.org.
Watch the Northwood Update
Watch past videos from the Northwood Update on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrNGPashSRKoamZbsH6IITw