Meet Our Department:
Northwest Counseling Department Summer 2020 Update: We continue to be available remotely for our students, parents, staff and community. Feel free to reach out to us by email using the links provided below. Please be aware that counselors work part-time during the summer months. If you need immediate assistance, please email our Counseling Secretary, Angelica Agosto at Angelica_M_Agosto@mcpsmd.org.
| web page update: 23 June 2020 |
Congratulations to the Class of 2020! The best is yet to come.
Take a look at the Class of 2020 post-secondary destinations!
Counseling Quick Links:
College & Career Prep: Naviance Access for Parents & Students
Virtual College Q & A Forum with Northwest Counselors. Wednesday, May 27 presentation | 1 June 2020 |
MCPS celebrates the Class of 2020. More info here.
Counseling Department Junior Parent/Student Presentation: College Career Postsecondary Planning PowerPoint | 5 Feb 2020 |
Counseling on Twitter
Jodi Edmunds, Resource Counselor
Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown:
|Jodi Edmunds||MC2 grades 11-12|
|Sue Bunting||MC2 grade 10|
|Jeff Flach||A - Ber|
|Tamela McCarthy-Redd||Bes - Deb|
|Christine Kravitz||Dec - Go|
|Nancy Blanco||Gp - Kak|
|Athena Cois||Kal - Map|
|Austin Freeman||Maq - N|
|Sammy Buck||O - Ros|
|Christina Kim||Rot - Thn|
|Sean Stewart||Tho - Z|
Counseling Support Staff:
- Secretarial Team: Ms. Angelica Agosto, Counseling Secretary
- Registrar's Office: Ms. Jacqueline Scholl, Registrar
- Counseling Office Support: Ms. Jacqueline Carpenter, Assistant Registrar & Counseling Secretary
- College Career Information Center: Ms. Rochelle Davis, College Career Information Coordinator
Northwest students and parents are invited to e-mail their counselor using the mailto links provided in the Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown. Counseling Services include:
Academic & Personal Counseling (long term therapy is not provided)
College & Career Planning | College Readiness Newsletter PrepTalk
Coordination of Educational Management Team Meetings
Coordination of Parent/Teacher Conferences
Referral Services to Community Resources and Supports
- The College Application Process for Seniors
- The Northwest Senior Survival Guide - copies available in the Counseling Office!
- Get Ready for "Life After High School" Timeline for Northwest freshmen, sophomores, juniors & seniors
- College Transcript Request Form for Transcript Requests (This form includes release authorization and must be on file in the Registrar's Office.
- The Letter of Recommendation: Student Self-Evaluation Form | Quick Guide for Naviance | Student Requests
- The Common App
- The Coalition App
- College Transcript Request Form for Transcript Requests (This form includes release authorization and must be on file in the Registrar's Office).
- College Application Follow Up with Mid-Year Transcripts: You must complete a Mid-Year Transcript Request Form. If your college's delivery method is electronic, then your mid-year transcript will be sent electronically. All Common App schools require a Mid-Year transcript be sent. If your initial transcript was sent via US Mail, then follow directions on the Mid-Year Transcript form for providing an envelope to the Registrar's Office.
- Final Transcript Requests: The college you plan to attend will require a FINAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT. FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS can be made using this google form (https://forms.gle/Fxj3JSuyZjp7bY3Y6). There is NO CHARGE for this transcript. Final Transcripts will not be available until mid-July. | web post 1 May 2020 |
- Scholarship Transcript & Recommendation Request Form
- Selective Service Registration: Selective Service Registration for high school male students age 17 years and 3 months. Registration is quick, easy, and it's the law. Registrations processed on the 18th birthday.
The following links will provide new student's and parents to Northwest High School the required documents needed for enrollment:
How to Enroll Your Child in Montgomery County Public Schools:
New Student Enrollment Forms Requirement by the Northwest Counseling Department:
- NW Documents Required for Enrollment
- NW Authorization for Release of Student Form
- New Enrollment: New Student Information Form & Student Emergency Information Form
- Authorization to Release Records Form
Additional information that may be required for Proof of Residency:
MC Home Page. Use this link to access the online application through admissions as well as Accuplacer testing information and MC financial aid. High school seniors applying to Montgomery College should plan to apply during the 'Application Fee Waiver' season October 1 to March 1.
NW + MC Early College Access (Early Placement) Program Information. Earning college credit during your senior year. Application begins during senior year class registration! Click here for program details.