Parent Technical Support Email:
Jump to Transcript Requests
NEW Counseling RESOURCE: The recording from the Choose Respect: Let’s Talk Consent is now available! Click on the image below.
Meet our department! Feel free to reach out to us by email using the links provided on this page. If you need immediate assistance, please call 240.740.7080 or email our Counseling Secretary, Angelica Agosto at Angelica_M_Agosto@mcpsmd.org.
Counseling Quick Links:
Counseling Services: Department Resources During Distant Learning | General Information |
MD Department of Transportation (MDOT) Learner's Permit Form | New Student Enrollment |
Work Permits | Summer School
College & Career Prep: Naviance Access for Parents & Students
Counseling on Instagram @ nwhs_counseling
Jodi Edmunds, Resource Counselor
Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown:
|Jodi Edmunds||MC2 grade 12|
|Sue Bunting||MC2 grade 11|
|Jeff Flach||A - Ber|
|Tamela McCarthy-Redd||Bes - Deb|
|Christine Kravitz||Dec - Go|
|Nancy Blanco||Gp - Kak|
|Athena Cois||Kal - Map|
|Austin Freeman||Maq - N|
|Sammy Kakoullis||O - Ros|
|Christina Kim||Rot - Thn|
|Sean Stewart||Tho - Z|
Counseling Support Staff:
- Secretarial Team: Ms. Angelica Agosto, Counseling Secretary
- Registrar's Office: Ms. Jacqueline Scholl, Registrar
- Counseling Office Support: Ms. Anu Shivacharan, Secretary & Assistant Registrar
- College Career Information Center: Ms. Rochelle Davis, College Career Information Coordinator
Northwest students and parents are invited to e-mail their counselor using the mailto links provided in the Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown. Counseling Services include:
Academic & Personal Counseling (long term therapy is not provided)
College & Career Planning | College Readiness Newsletter PrepTalk
Coordination of Educational Management Team Meetings
Coordination of Parent/Teacher Conferences
Referral Services to Community Resources and Supports
RESOURCE: Northwest High School Counselor Presentation through 9th grade homerooms on November 10 & 17. | Posted 17 November 2021 |
RESOURCE: Senior Parent Meeting Recap & Resources: Meeting recap and resources have been posted on our school home page in the News section under Senior Class Resource Bank. During this meeting, an overview of senior year events was shared along with resources, processes, and other information designed to prepare graduating seniors for college, career, and beyond.
RESOURCE: September 15, 2021 Senior Class Counselor Presentation on The College Application Process | posted 17 September 2021 |
- The Northwest Senior Survival Guide including The College Application Process
- Senior preparation for the Letter of Recommendation request(s): access the Student Brag Sheet/Self-Evaluation Survey in Naviance | Student under 'About Me' | Quick Guide for Naviance | Student Requests
- The Common App
- The Coalition App
- Authorization to Release Records Form must be completed and on file in the Counseling Office before any records (including transcripts) can be released. | post 13 September 2021 |
- Transcript Requests Form for the 2021 College Application Cycle. | 13 September 2021 |
- Mid-Year Transcript Requests: To request a mid-year transcript, please complete this form. Mid-year transcripts will be available to be sent from our registrar's office around the middle of February. Do not use this form for INITIAL transcript requests.
- Scholarship Transcript Request Form | 14 December 2021 |
- Selective Service Registration: Selective Service Registration for high school male students age 17 years and 3 months. Registration is quick, easy, and it's the law. Registrations processed on the 18th birthday.
The following links will provide new student's and parents to Northwest High School the required documents needed for enrollment:
How to Enroll Your Child in Montgomery County Public Schools:
New Student Enrollment Forms Requirement by the Northwest Counseling Department:
- NW Documents Required for Enrollment; revised 16 April 2021
- NW Authorization for Release of Student Form
- New Enrollment: New Student Information Form & Student Emergency Information Form
- Authorization to Release Records Form
Additional information that may be required for Proof of Residency:
MC Home Page. Use this link to access the online application through admissions as well as Accuplacer testing information and MC financial aid. High school seniors applying to Montgomery College should plan to apply during the 'Application Fee Waiver' season October 1 to March 1.
NW + MC Early College Access (Early Placement) Program Information. Earning college credit during your senior year. Application begins during senior year class registration! Click here for program details.