It is the mission of the Northwest High School Counseling Department to advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth. Meet our department!
Counseling Quick Links:
Counseling Department Junior Parent/Student Presentation: College Career Postsecondary Planning PowerPoint | 5 Feb 2020 |
Counseling on Twitter
Jodi Edmunds, Resource Counselor
Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown:
|Jodi Edmunds||MC2 grades 10-12|
|Sue Bunting||MC2 grade 9|
|Jeff Flach||A - Ber|
|Tamela McCarthy-Redd||Bes - Deb|
|Christine Kravitz||Dec - Go|
|Nancy Blanco||Gp - Kak|
|Athena Cois||Kal - Map|
|Austin Freeman||Maq - N|
|Sammy Buck||O - Ros|
|Christina Kim||Rot - Thn|
|Sean Stewart||Tho - Z|
Counseling Support Staff:
- Secretarial Team: Ms. Angelica Agosto, Counseling Secretary
- Registrar's Office: Ms. Jacqueline Scholl, Registrar
- Counseling Office Support: Ms. Jacqueline Carpenter, Assistant Registrar & Counseling Secretary
- College Career Information Center: Ms. Rochelle Davis, College Career Information Coordinator
The Counseling Department is open from 7:15 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call ahead to make an appointment. You are also invited to e-mail your child's counselor using the mailto links provided in the Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown. Counseling Services include:
Academic & Personal Counseling (long term therapy is not provided)
College & Career Planning | College Readiness Newsletter PrepTalk
Coordination of Educational Management Team Meetings
Coordination of Parent/Teacher Conferences
Referral Services to Community Resources and Supports
- The College Application Process for Seniors
- The Northwest Senior Survival Guide - copies available in the Counseling Office!
- Get Ready for "Life After High School" Timeline for Northwest freshmen, sophomores, juniors & seniors
- College Transcript Request Form for Transcript Requests (This form includes release authorization and must be on file in the Registrar's Office.
- The Letter of Recommendation: Student Self-Evaluation Form | Quick Guide for Naviance | Student Requests
- The Common App
- The Coalition App
- College Transcript Request Form for Transcript Requests (This form includes release authorization and must be on file in the Registrar's Office).
- College Application Follow Up with Mid-Year Transcripts: You must complete a Mid-Year Transcript Request Form. If your college's delivery method is electronic, then your mid-year transcript will be sent electronically. All Common App schools require a Mid-Year transcript be sent. If your initial transcript was sent via US Mail, then follow directions on the Mid-Year Transcript form for providing an envelope to the Registrar's Office.
- Final Transcript Requests: The college you plan to attend will require a FINAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT. FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORMS will be available in the Registrar's Office after spring break. Click here to download the form. Please deliver a completed Final Transcript Request Form to the registrar before school, during lunch or after school in order to process your final request. There is NO CHARGE for this transcript. Final Transcripts will not be available until mid-July. | web post 16 April 2019 |
- Scholarship Transcript & Recommendation Request Form
- Selective Service Registration: Selective Service Registration for high school male students age 17 years and 3 months. Registration is quick, easy, and it's the law. Registrations processed on the 18th birthday.
The following links will provide new student's and parents to Northwest High School the required documents needed for enrollment:
How to Enroll Your Child in Montgomery County Public Schools:
New Student Enrollment Forms Requirement by the Northwest Counseling Department:
- NW Documents Required for Enrollment
- NW Authorization for Release of Student Form
- New Enrollment: New Student Information Form & Student Emergency Information Form
- Authorization to Release Records Form
Additional information that may be required for Proof of Residency:
MC Home Page. Use this link to access the online application through admissions as well as Accuplacer testing information and MC financial aid. High school seniors applying to Montgomery College should plan to apply during the 'Application Fee Waiver' season October 1 to March 1.
NW + MC Early College Access (Early Placement) Program Information. Earning college credit during your senior year. Application begins during senior year class registration! Click here for program details.