Staffed by Rochelle Davis, College Career Information Coordinator
Open to students, parents & community from 7:15 am to 3 pm
MCPS Informational Talk Show on Navigating the College Admissions Process During COVID-19! Click on College Career Virtual Resources.
MCPS College Career Summer Workshops! Click on News & Events.
| News & Events |
| College Application Resources, including the Maryland College Application Campaign college application fee waivers |
| College Career Virtual Resources |
| Naviance | Student on the web |
| Free Kaplan courses through Naviance incl. test prep & college essay |
| Montgomery College *fee waiver application period extended* |
| MCPS College Career Information Center Site |
| Career Readiness Resources |
The College Career Information Center is a college career resource for all high school students.
- Inside The Common App: The Beginner's Guide to The Common Application: A step-by-step guide to capitalize on every section | webinar | 11 June 2020 |
- MCPS high school College Career Information Coordinators Grade 9 and Grade 10 College Career Forum featuring a spotlight on the Thomas Edison School of Technology Pathways & Programs | 3 June 2020 |
- MCPS College Career resources for the Class of 2021: Navigating the College Admissions Process During COVID-19:
Virtual Talk Show #1 | Virtual Talk Show #2
The program is geared towards high school juniors and their families. Guests include high school counselors and college representatives. Topics include grading and reporting, the SAT and ACT, Advanced Placement tests, and other college admission and application topics along with information rgarding the financial aid process. | web update 10 June 2020 |
- The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) College Admission Status Update COVID-19 Impact. A central resource of information about changes in college admission as a result of COVID-19. | 30 April 2020 |
- Find the Money to finance your post-secondary plan (PowerPoint presentation). For All Grades. | 20 April 2020 |
- NEW Summer Workshop Added! The Common Application. Step Inside the Common App. A tool for applying to member colleges. July 21 at 1 pm. Use the Summer Workshop Google Form for registration.| web post 30 June 2020 |
- Zoom into a College Career Virtual Summer with a series of MCPS high school workshops! Topics include financial aid and financial literacy, the college application and the college essay, finding a career match, time management in high school and special college admissions speakers. Download each flyer for workshop details and registration information. Join us virtually this summer!
- Zoom Into Summer with College Career Focus (next workshop July 1)
- Keep Calm Let's Get Started (next workshop July 7)
- Princeton Review presents ACT/SAT & College Admissions During COVID on July 16
- Virtual Summer Enrichment (next workshop date July 28)
- More for Summer on College & Career (workshops begin July 1)
- The College Application Process for seniors
- The Northwest Senior Year Survival Guide - Hard copies available in the College Career Information Center & Counseling Office
- The Northwest Get Ready for "Life After High School" Timeline for underclassmen
- The Common App: Search for current Essay Prompts with Tips & Tools
- The Coalition Application Portal
- Glossary of College Career Terms
- The Montgomery County College Career web site
Maryland College Application Campaign (MCAC) Resources:
- Morgan State University offers an application fee waiver until November 15, 2020. The application fee waiver code is FREE20. Please click the link below for more information about the fee waiver, acceptance of unofficial transcripts, test score submissions, the opportunity for a live chat with an admission representative, their virtual campus tour, and much more! Visit morgan.edu/covid19-and-admissions for more information!
| 4 May 2020 |
College Career High School Visits:
Students are able to meet with representatives from colleges, vocational schools, the military, and various career fields at their high school location. Visits are usually held in the College Career Information Center (Room 126) during the school day. Students with a valid Naviance Student account are able to register to attend visits and print their visit pass once logged into Naviance. A printed 'View Details' page is the visit pass. Passes signed by staff are required. Visit schedules run daily on JAG TV, are viewable in the Naviance Student account and on our event Google Calendar. Find out more...
The resource links below are available to download as Microsoft PowerPoint documents.
Montgomery College has made available to students opportunities for virtual assistance for all MC related concerns and/or questions. Northwest students are encouraged to reach out to Nicholas Boyd @ email@example.com.
- MC Biotechnology Department Information. Careers in Biotech!
- MC First Year Experience (FYE) Summer Bridge Program. Incoming freshmen - Earn a college credit this summer. Enroll now! Receive one college credit and a scholarship (based on class attendance and grade). Limited space. For more information visit the MC FYE website.
- High school seniors applying to Montgomery College are encouraged to apply during the 'Application Fee Waiver' season which has been extended indefinitely in response to COVID-19. Please note that it takes approximately 10 days for Montgomery College to generate the admission letters (mailed to the home) with the MC ID number required to take the Accuplacer.
The Accuplacer @ MC: Click here for important information about on-line Registration to Schedule an Accuplacer Appointment.
- Students planning to transfer to a 4-year post-secondary institution after MC are encouraged to use ARTSYS as part of their college planning. ARTSYS is the State of Maryland Articulation Information web site. ARTSYS shows which MC courses are recommended for transferring to specific Maryland colleges and universities.
SAVE THE DATES for Montgomery College Events - including Start Smart Enrollment Information Sessions.