Parent Technical Support Email:
Staffed by Rochelle Davis, College Career Information Coordinator
Got Questions? Need College Career Information? Schedule an appointment!
Available on-site and remotely for students, parents & community from 7:15 am to 3 pm
The College Career Information Center is a post-secondary planning resource resource for all high school students.
Class of 2022 with MC as your fall destination! Assistance will be available to help with the FAFSA and financial aid. Find out more...
Northwest College Career Summer Focus: Register NOW for College Career Readiness Workshops!
On-page Quick Links:
| New Posts & College Career Alerts | ♦ | College Career High School Visits |
| College Application Resources: including Application Fee Waiver Info, The College Essay, Common App & Coalition and the Maryland College Application Campaign (MCAC) college specific fee waivers |
| College Career Resources including Job Corps Information, Summer Workshop resources and recordings |
| Montgomery College Information | ♦ | MCPS College Career Information Center Site |
| Career Readiness Resources, including resumes & cover letters | ♦ | Naviance | Student on the web |
| The Gap Year Information & Resources | ♦ | Learn about the HBCU |
| Military Academy Nomination Information |
The e-NEWS Bulletin contains college career events, the virtual high school visit schedule, Jag JOBS updates, college application resources and information, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. e-NEWS is delivered to the e-mail inbox of our students and parents via Naviance.
e-NEWS Bulletin -- e-NEWS resumes in September 2022
| Click HERE for the e-NEWS Bulletin edition for the EOY 2022 |
NEW: Free SAT® & ACT® Summer Workshops and Events for MCPS students courtesy of Princeton Review!
- PSAT/SAT/ACT Strategy Session on Wednesday, June 29th, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Finding Best-Fit Colleges on Tuesday, July 12th, 10:30am - 11:30am
- Study Skills 101 Workshop on Tuesday, August 2nd, 11:30am - 12:30pm
More College Career News & Events:
- 2022 College Conversations: Connecting Students of Color to Top Colleges. An event for rising seniors (Class of 2023). Virtual event. July 22, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Register and learn more HERE. | Post 10 June 2022 |
Get To Know Your College Career Information Center on YouTube!
- Inside the Northwest High School College Career Information Center (6 minutes)
- Inside the World of Scholarships at Northwest High School (17 minutes)
Some of the resources below are from various workshops offered by MCPS high schools through College Career Information Centers. They continue to be available and useful resources.
- RESOURCE: Job search with USAjobs.gov
- RESOURCE: Maryland Department of Labor Apprenticeships & Training Programs
- RESOURCE: U.S. Department of Education College Scorecard. Search colleges. Find the right fit. Search careers. Financial Aid & FAFSA. Training programs and apprenticeships.
- RESOURCE: Relationship Building 101: Preparing for Life After High School
- RESOURCE: College Conversations: Connecting Students of Color to Top Colleges. Virtual Event. YouTube Video (English) | YouTube Video (Spanish)
- RESOURCE: Virtual Financial Aid Summer Workshop for Spanish speaking students and families. Click here for presentation recording
- RESOURCE: Search Test Optional Schools list.
- RESOURCE: Summer Programs & Internships. A Google Sheet compiled by MCPS College Career Information Coordinators.
- RESOURCE: The Montgomery County College Career web site
- ... See additional resources under Career Readiness, including resume tips and samples.
- A recording of Senator Van Hollen's 2022 Virtual Service Academy Info Event for Potential Applicants can be found online at https://youtu.be/AuNw2t8rx54.
- Information regarding Senator Van Hollen's application for a nomination to a U.S. Service Academy, including links to each Academy’s Admissions webpage.
- Questions regarding application for a nomination to an Academy from Senator Van Hollen, send an email to email@example.com or call (301) 545-1500.
- RESOURCE: Job Corps... Learn what the Job Corps can do for you. The training program is free, including housing if needed, and open to young people ages 16–24 who meet low-income and other eligibility requirements. Students go at their own pace in studying and training, learn employability skills, and earn credentials to start a meaningful career. Center staff are their support network every step of the way.
- RESOURCE: Woodland Job Corps Center in Laurel MD
The resource links below are available to download as Microsoft PowerPoint documents.
- Career Readiness: Cover Letter Template (Sample) | Power Point Presentation Cover Letters
- Career Readiness: Applying for Employment
- Career Readiness: Searching and Applying for Employment
- Career Readiness: Resume Template (Sample) | Power Point Presentation The Resume
- Career Readiness: Link for Counselors Top 20 Must-Have Skills to Put on a Resume
Montgomery College has made available to students opportunities for virtual assistance for all MC related concerns and/or questions. Northwest students are encouraged to reach out to Nicholas Boyd @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Nicholas Boyd is the College Access and Recruitment Coordinator for Northwest High School students.
Montgomery College Raptor Reference Enrollment Guide. An easy to follow guide from application to enrollment that includes deadlines along with a list of programs and majors.
NEWS! Apply now to Montgomery College (MC) with no application fee! Waiver period to apply is currently until further notice.
- MC Biotechnology Department Information. Careers in Biotech!
- MC First Year Experience (FYE) Summer Bridge Program. Incoming freshmen - Earn a college credit this summer. Enroll now! Receive one college credit and a scholarship (based on class attendance and grade). Limited space. For more information visit the MC FYE website.
The Accuplacer @ MC: The Accuplacer and Alternative Placement Programs are used by the college to determine college readiness for college level courses. Click here for the most current Accuplacer information. Placement Test Exemption Criteria.
- Students planning to transfer to a 4-year post-secondary institution after MC are encouraged to use ARTSYS as part of their college planning. ARTSYS is the State of Maryland Articulation Information web site. ARTSYS shows which MC courses are recommended for transferring to specific Maryland colleges and universities.
- Take a Gap Year with Dynamy (Northwest HS presentation)
- Discover Europe with the Omio Gap Year. Questions? Click here.
- Discover meaningful Gap Year programs with Overseas
- The Gap Year Association
- USA Gap Year Fairs: this website is the easiest one to navigate and it provides information about scholarships and upcoming remote events.