Verizon Innovative Learning (VILS)
VILS Coach/Staff Development Teacher: Ms. Tameka Cooper Tameka_D_Cooper@mcpsmd.org
Need to report a problem with your Neelsville Middle School iPAD?
Support for Parents
with Accessing Student myMCPS Courses
myMCPS Classroom is new for many parents who are now working with students to navigate distance learning. The resources provided assist parents and students with getting and navigating the content in myMCPS Classroom.
New to Neelsville Middle School?
Here is how to apply for an iPAD:
In order for your child to receive a school iPAD, as a parent you must review the information in the Parent Digital Citizenship Course.
To access the Parent Digital Citizenship Course go to this link.
1. Click "Enroll in Course" for the VILS Parent Digital Citizenship Course.
2. Then click "Go to the Course". There is no presentation.
3. There are 8 pdf files you should read. It should take about 30 minutes and we will see on our end that you accessed the files.
4. In the "Resources" tab, you will need to read through each of these 8 pdf files.
- 5 Questions to Ask Before You Get Your Kid a Phone Links to an external site.
- 9 Social Media Red Flags Parents Should Know Links to an external site.
- A Parent's Ultimate Guide to YouTube Links to an external site.
- Apps to Help Keep Track of What Your Kids Are Doing Online Links to an external site.
- Easy Free Browser Hacks to Make the Internet Safer For Your Kid Links to an external site.
- How Do I Keep My Kid Safe on the Internet Links to an external site.
- Strategies for Getting Kids Off Devices Links to an external site.
- What Can I Tell My Kid to Do If She or He is Being Cyberbullied Links to an external site.
5. You will also need to print and complete the 3 attached forms. Return the forms to the Main Office.