Parent Technical Support Email:
The MVMS Health Room
The Department of Health and Human Services, School Health Services (SHS) in partnership with MCPS provides services to assure the heath, safety, and well-being of students at Montgomery Village Middle school in the health room.
School Health Services include assessment of health needs of students, sick and emergency care and first aid, monitoring immunization compliance, administering, medication and treatment to students, who have physicians orders, maintaining student health records, providing crisis intervention, health counseling, health education-promotion, nurse case-management and referral. School Health staff assists families of eligible uninsured students to enroll in Maryland Children's Health and Care for Kids programs.
Important Information Regarding Allergies
- Severe allergic reactions can occur when a person comes into contact with an allergen or something they are allergic too. They can be unpredictable and life threatening.
- There is an MCPS policy regarding having medications such as Epi Pen and Benadryl to treat allergic reactions for children in school. The parent/guardian must bring the Emergency Care for the Management of a Student with a Diagnosis of Anaphylaxis form to the school's Health Room along with the medication.
- Also, there is a letter the parent/guardian must complete which provides information about your child’s allergies. In cooperation with the parent/guardian the School Nurse will write an Individual Health Care Plan in order to put into place emergency treatment plan for the student while at school. Please access these forms by clicking the links above, and contact the school nurse if your child has a history of severe allergic reactions and/or your child has an Epi Pen at home.
- MC asthma action plan form
- School Asthma Management Plan form
Please remember all medication must be delivered to the school by the parent/guardian or, under special circumstances, an adult designated by the parent/guardian. Under no circumstances will either the school health (MCDHHS) or school (MCPS) personnel administer medication brought to school by the student.
- Makeda Neil, Health Room Tech @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Davis, School Nurse @ email@example.com
- Phone 240-740-6722