Parent Technical Support Email:
The mission of the Magruder High School Media Center is to assist students in answering their own questions so that they can become lifelong learners and productive members of our global society.
|Stephanie Schwinn||Media Specialist|
|Peggy Higgins||Media Assistant|
|Rose Mach||Media Assistant|
|Jim Dudley||Media Services Technician (MST)|
|Chris Hagler||Information Technology Systems Specialist (ITSS)|
Hours of Operation
Monday 7:00 am – 2:10 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am - 2:10 pm
Wednesday* 7:00 am - 3:50 pm
Thursday 7:00 am - 2:10 pm
Friday 7:00 am – 2:10 pm
* when activity busses are running
Resources in the Collection include:
- Online Resources - see Edline – School Library Media Center
- Audio cassettes
- Compact Disc
- Computer Workstations
- Laptop Computers
- Copy Machines
- Laser and Inkjet Printers
Copying and Printing
Student must pay to make photo copies or print information
Guidelines are listed below:
- Black and White - first 5 pages free, then 10-cents per page
- Color copy - 50-cents per page
Students may use the Center from 7:00 am – closing (see hours above).
Procedures for visiting the Center are provided below:
- A pass is not required from 7:00 am to 7:20 am or during lunch.
- Students wishing to use the Media Center for study after school must arrive before 2:30 on Wednesdays (when activity busses are running) and stay until 3:50 pm at which time they will receive an activity bus pass.
- A pass to visit the Center during a class period must be secured from the teacher and it must be written in ink in the student’s agenda book or on an official MCPS pass slip.
- Availability to visit the Media Center by students is subject to change.
Students are not permitted to:
- Eat or drink in the Media Center
- Use cell phones or smart phones
- Listen to iPods
- Engage in loud conversation.