HOME OF THE LONGVIEW LIONS,
We ROAR With Pride
Longview School is a separate, public special education day school that provides comprehensive educational services to students 5 to 21 years of age with severe to profound intellectual and/or multiple disabilities. Longview students are often challenged with: complex communication needs (non-speaking), limited motor functioning, visual and/or hearing impairments, complex medical and/or physical needs and/or traumatic (acquired) brain injuries.
Longview focuses on supporting each student’s success by:
- Forming positive relationships with our students and families built in a foundation of trust and presuming competence.
- Supporting each student in communicating as authentically and autonomously as possible through the use of alternative and augmentative communication (AAC), modeling, and direct instruction each day.
- Utilizing assistive technology to ensure each student’s educational environment is accessible and instructing students in the use of assistive technology to increase independence.
- Implementing a comprehensive literacy program to ensure every student is as literate as possible.
- Providing comprehensive educational programming that help students develop self-help skills, including eating, dressing, toileting and more.
- Collaborating with our secondary students in
- Applying project-based learning tools to support secondary students in building and managing student led school business.
To provide a collaborative educational community focused on students' individual growth and to support students to reach optimum levels of independence and quality of life.
We endeavor to facilitate lifelong learning in a rigorous and collaborative environment for students, staff, families & community.
We will remain student focused by:
◦ Collaboratively problem solving
◦ Openly communicating.
◦ Holding all stakeholders accountable to the mission and vision.
Longview Family Resource Site
Find great resources for our families including trainings, forms & links. Also, you will find fun, ready to use activities for our students.