- Visual Arts Home
- Digital Art
- Exploring Art
- Foundations of Art/Art 8 class
- Fundamentals of Art
Description of Loiederman Visual Art Curriculum
Visual Art is part of the comprehensive performing and creative arts program at Loiederman Magnet Middle School. Visual instruction is offered at every grade level and is open to all students regardless of experience and ability.
At the end of a student’s art course, it is our goal for the young artists to:
- Excel in artistic ability and production of art forms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Elements and Principles of Design and Art concepts.
- Demonstrate stronger appreciation of the Arts
- Recognize and incorporate art in their personal lives and surrounding environment.
Participation in visual art develops self confidence, creativity; provide additional skills in other related academics, presentation, communication and self expression.
National Jr. Art Honor Society Chapter - Sponsor: Connie Ely
What is National Jr. Arts Honor Society?
Its purpose is the assist student members to attain their highest potential in all forms of art, and to raise awareness of art education throughout the school and community.
Prerequisites and requirements of members-
- Candidates must be enrolled in 7th or 8th grade visual art with a grade average of a B.
- Selection based on the recommendation of visual art department.
Loiederman Art Students can publish their artwork through ARTSONIA! What is Artsonia? Artsonia is the worlds largest collection of student art, published by teachers and students from around the world.
Please support our student artists and our art program by viewing art, leaving comments, and buying gifts adorned with student artwork, including keychains, cell phone cases, magnets, postcards, t-shirts and so much more.
20% of the proceeds go back to Loiederman's art program. Click the link below to see our growing gallery. More artworks to be added throughout the year: Artsonia Link
Mrs. Connie J Ely
Content Specialist- Art Teacher Middle
Mrs. Christina K Campo-Abdoun
Art Teacher Middle
Mrs. Emily C Turner
Art Teacher Middle