Lakelands Park Media Center
Pets Love to Read Scrapbook
Click on the picture of the scrapbook below to check out the pictures of our LMPS furry friends reading a book! Use the links to find out more about the book. Maybe you will find a new favorite! Also read below to find out how to vote for your favorite pictures.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a picture of their furry friend reading a book. Now let's have some fun! Vote for your favorite student submitted picture in question 1, and for your favorite staff submitted picture in question 2. You have until January 31st to place your vote! Click here to vote: Vote here!
Virtual LPMS Staff & Student Cookbook
Thank you to everyone who contributed their favorite receipts. Special thanks to Ms. Weiner for doing a great job putting it together. This cookbook is a celebration of our diversity and a testament to the pride our community members feel in their cultures. Check it out and share it with your loved ones! Enjoy!
What should I read next? Check these out!
- 2020-21 Blacked-Eyed Susan Book Award Nominees Gr 6-9
- LPMS Media Center eBooks, Learning Links & Collections
- Book Wars Reading List for 2021
- Race Relations & the Powerful Words Suggested Reading List
- Media Center Scavenger Hunt
- Ms. Tsai & Ms. Weiner's Favorite Books
Race Relations & the Power of Words
Read some of these books from the Suggested Book Reading List. Most books on this list are available from the LPMS Media Center, including some in eBook format. Suggested grade levels are provided as a rough guide. Parents are encouraged to read with their children, and discuss the themes of these titles. For more information on specific titles, search Common Sense Media.
Recommend a Book?
Ms. Tsai is compiling an ordering wish list for next school year. Can you commend any good/fun titles? Please submit the titles by fill out the form here: Book Suggestions Form. Thank you!
Resources for Online Teaching & Learning
- Student & Parent Resources for Online Learning
- Teacher Resources for Online Teaching & Learning
- LPMS Online Services 2019-20 (use mcpsmd.net account)
- Spanish Online Services passwords
- Media Center MyMCPS
- Destiny Library Catalog
- Online Services (Spanish) (use mcpsmd.net account)
- Text Usability Features of MCPS Online Services
- Montgomery County Public Libraries Databases (Login ID: mcpsd; Password: Trial20!)
Need book suggestions or support with technologies?
Do you have trouble using Chromebooks, MyMCPS, Google Classroom, etc? If you do, fill out the form here to get support from Ms. Tsai & Ms. Weiner.
Young Writers Guide to Contests
Common Sense Media - Check This Out!
Common Sense Media empowers parents, teachers, and students by providing unbiased information, trusted advice, and innovative tools to help them harness the power of media and technology. Common Sense Media helps families make smart media choices. We offer the largest, most trusted library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for movies, games, apps, TV shows, websites, books, and music. The Parent Concerns, Parent Blog, Family Media Agreement, and Family Engagement Resources help families understand and navigate the problems and possibilities of raising children in the digital age.
The vision of the Lakelands Park media program is to provide innovative, learner-centered services to nurture and challenge the academic and personal information needs of students and staff.
- Teach students how to access, evaluate, and communicate information effectively and ethically.
- Support students and staff to be effective users of ideas and information.
- Integrate modern technology into curriculum.
- Foster literacy and nurture lifelong learning.
- Ms. Tsai (Media Specialist) – Rui-Hung_Tsai@mcpsmd.org
- Ms. Olen (Media Assistant) – Susanna_B_Olen@mcpsmd.org
- 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM - Weekdays