Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success (ACES)
The ACES student support program is a program that creates a seamless pathway from high school to college completion. ACES provides academic coaches to targeted high school students in ten Montgomery County Public High Schools (including Kennedy High School), at all three Montgomery College campus locations, and at the Universities at Shady Grove. The coaches provide both academic and student support, using a case management approach. Coaches meet individually with students and provide:
- Test preparation
- Assistance with college applications and financial aid/scholarship applications
- College visits
- College transfer workshops
- Other support services as needed
ACES coaches identify and neutralize barriers to student success that may prevent a student from degree completion.
The ACES program application is open for qualifying grade 10 students. The online application and admission criteria are available on the ACES website. Please contact the ACES Academic Coach, Ms. Amani Dadzie, for more information. CLICK HERE to learn more about Ms. Dadzie!
La aplicación del programa ACES está disponible del 1 de octubre al 20 de diciembre de 2019 para estudiantes en el grado 10. La aplicación y los criterios de admisión están disponibles por medio del sitio web de ACES. Para obtener más información, puedes contactar al Ms. Amani Dadzie, ACES Academic Coach. ¡HAGA CLIC AQUÍ para obtener más información sobre la Sra. Dadzie!
Admission Criteria to the ACES Program | What You Need to Know
The ACES Program is a free program and seeks to serve students who are:
- First generation in their family to attend and graduate from a college or university in the Unites States
- Students who are historically underrepresented in higher education
- Presence of a physical and/or learning disability
- Single parent household
- Low income (falls below the poverty line as defined by the State of Maryland)
- Immigrant or child of an immigrant
- A ward of the State
The application period for the 2022-2023 school year are now available for students who are presently in the 10th grade. The application will not be reviewed until a completed Program Consent Form is submitted to Ms. Dadzie. You may contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 240-863-8165, or in room 109 at the school.