Kennedy High School is proud to acknowledge and honor our top students, staff and supporters who have made a positive impact on the local community and to provide role models for today's students in our Alumni Hall of Fame. It is our goal to have increased awareness and pride in Kennedy High School and our involvement in the community—past and present—with the goal of providing inspiration and mentorship for current and future students.
2020 Alumni Hall of Fame
We are proud to announce the inductees for our 2020 Alumni Hall of Fame (learn more about why they are being inducted and their accomplishments here!):
- Wes Abrams
- Jennifer Baltimore
- Laura Baron
- Eric Robinson
- Mark Robinson
- Jeff Schultz
- Aaron Vactor
- Chris Weller
Nominations for the 2021 Hall of Fame are currently open. If you would like to submit a nomination for 2021, you may access the online nomination form here .
JFK Hall of Fame Silent Auction
With the 2019 Hall of Fame, the Committee incorporated a Silent Auction. Many local businesses and organizations generously donated goods and services, and the auction was a great success. If you would like to donate something for 2021, please download the DONATION FORM and email the completed form to JFKHallofFame@gmail.com.
Hall of Fame Committee
The committee consists of seven adults:
- Chairperson: Hall of Fame Coordinator, Mr. Ryan Harrigan
- Hall of Fame Co-Coordinator, Mr. Casey Siddons
- Principal: Dr. Joe Rubens
- Event Director, (Ms. Jennifer Lyons): Website maintenance and design, graphic design, auction, slideshow, nominee research, inductee coordination and communication
- Current Athletic Director: Ms. Amanda Twele
- Alumni Coordinator: Mr. Aaron Vactor
- Community Representative: An individual currently residing in or near the Kennedy cluster (parent, former parent, Booster member, etc.)
- JFK Alum (of more than five years)
The selection committee assigns the following tasks to various members (these roles are subject to change as needed by the committee):
- Media Coordinator (Mr. Aaron Vactor): Communication with local media regarding JFKHS Hall of Fame
- Banquet Coordinator (Mr. Aaron Vactor): Locating of restaurants and arranging dinners, including ticket sales
- Secretary (Mr. Ryan Harrigan): Recording of minutes during meeting
- Treasurer (Ms. Marjorie Peoples): Arrangement of all financial aspects of this project
The selection committee is determined by the JFK Principal and the HOF Chairperson. There are no term limits. Members of the selection committee serve on the committee until they no longer wish to do so, or until the Principal and the HOF Chairperson agree to remove an individual. Nomination of future members must be approved by the HOF chairperson and the principal.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ALUMNI
- Superior accomplishments as a Kennedy student in athletics, academia, and/or extracurricular activities
- Extraordinary endeavors contributing to the betterment of the world or community, through public service, charity, social advocacy, or otherwise
- Must have graduated from Kennedy at least five years prior to the year of their nomination
- For athletes, continuing achievements at the collegiate, national, amateur, or professional levels; for non-athletic nominees, outstanding professional and/or community accomplishments
- Student will have exemplified characteristics of integrity and citizenship, before and after graduation
ELIGIBILITY FOR STAFF
- Teachers, program coordinators, coaches, administrators, and support staff members are eligible
- Significant contributions made to the overall running of the school will be considered, as well as a record of personal and professional accomplishments
ELIGIBILITY FOR COMMUNITY MEMBERS
- Significant contributions to Kennedy High School
Candidates may be nominated at any time during the year. The nomination form is available online. In order for the candidate to be considered, the form must be completely filled out.
Induction ceremonies will take place during a Hall of Fame Weekend. Candidates may be nominated at any time; however, candidates nominated after October 1st will be considered for the following year. Once a candidate is nominated, their nomination stays active for consideration each year unless removed by the committee. The selection committee will meet between May 1st and September 15th of each year to select inductees, who will then be notified.
HALL OF FAME WEEKEND EVENTS
Student Interactions: Inductees will meet with students groups who are interested in their areas of experience and expertise during the school day on Friday afternoon.
Presentation of Inductees: Between the girls' and boys' senior basketball games on the Friday night of Hall of Fame Weekend, the inductees for that given year will be presented and honored with a banner bearing their likeness, to be hung outside the gym.
Induction Banquet Dinner: Each year, the JFK Hall of Fame will have an ceremonial banquet at a local establishment to which each inductee and their family and friends are invited. At this event, inductees will be acknowledged and given a commemorative plaque in their honor.
JFK Hall of Fame Awards Showcase: Recognition of all inductees will be placed in an awards case by the main entrance of the school.