Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and private sector health and human service agencies in Montgomery County, Maryland. The program is designed to enable at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home and in the community. Parents work as partners with program staff to develop solutions to various challenges confronting their children.
- Click here for more information about Linkages to Learning
- Clic aquí para más información sobre Linkages to Learning (Enlaces para Aprendizaje)
Kemp Mill Elementary School
411 Sisson Street
Silver Spring, MD 20902
To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and academic success of a child.
Community School Coordinator - Julissa Castanon: 240-740-5977
Family Case Manager - Connie Martinez: 240-740-5978
Child and Family Therapist - Karla Velasquez: 240-740-5979
Mental Health Services
- Mental health assessment
- Individual child and family therapy
- Prevention and therapy groups
- Therapeutic recreation
Social Services and Case Management
- Family needs assessment
- Assistance obtaining clothes, furniture, food, housing, etc.
- Assistance with legal, employment, and immigration issues.
- Crisis intervention (utilities cut-off, evictions, domestic violence, etc.)
- Assistance accessing daycare, summer, and recreational programs.
- Assistance with school supplies
Educational Support Service
- Computer classes for parents
- ESOL classes
- Parent Educational Group/Women's group
- Community Exchange Network (Backpacks, Food and Holiday assistance)
- After school programs (Homework club, Soccer and Tutoring)
- Acculturation groups
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Linkages to Learning is enrolling students for after-school programs. Please contact Julissa Contreras Castañon, Community School Coordinator to register at 240-740-5977. Scholarships are available for all programs, space is limited. Thank you!
Enlaces para el Aprendizaje está inscribiendo a los estudiantes para programas extraescolares. Para más información, por favor contactara Julissa Contreras Castañon, Coordinadora de la escuela y comunidad, para registrar a 240-740-5977. Becas disponibles para todos los programas cupo limitado. ¡Gracias!