Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Building Your Career
As a connection between the businesses and public schools of Montgomery County, the Information Technology Foundation (ITF) program is an outstanding resource for students seeking to build the foundation for a long-term career in the information technology industry. Students in the Network Operations program work toward industry-standard CompTIA certification in A+ computer hardware and operating systems and Network+ computer network configuration and administration.
Beyond the classroom, the ITF program has helped extend the capabilities of these programs with state-of-the-art equipment; face-to-face contact with working professionals in the IT industry; and first-hand experience through the ITF program, where students sell the computers they have reconditioned.
Upon completion of this unique program, students are prepared to pursue two- or four-year degrees in computer technology at the college level.
Based on ITF's extensive interaction with Montgomery County information technology businesses, ITF students are well-versed to begin successful careers with long-term promise. In addition, students are prepared to begin working immediately at several skilled entry-level positions.
Information Technology Industry Occupations
A list of some of the opportunities available in the information technology industry:
- Computer Service Technician
- User Support Specialist
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Network Security
- And many more!
Post Secondary Opportunities
Following are Links to some Post Secondary Opportunities for students exploring various options in continued education or experience.
- University of Maryland , College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences
- Montgomery College Network and Wireless Technologies
- Hagerstown Community College, Technology and Computer Studies Division
- Community College of Baltimore County, School of Applied and Information Technology
- University of Baltimore , Information Arts and Technologies
- Penn College of Technology