- Hours: 8:30am-3:30pm
- Phone:(240) 740-1758
- Fax: (301) 946-5962
The Department of Health and Human Services, School Health Services (SHS) in partnership with MCPS provides services to assure the health, safety, and well-being of students at Highland Elementary School in the health room.
School Health Services include assessment of health needs of students, sick and emergency care and first aid, monitoring immunization compliance, administering medications and treatments to students who have physicians orders, maintaining student health records, providing crisis intervention, health counseling, health education-promotion, nurse case-management and referral. School Health Room staff assists families of eligible uninsured students to enroll in the Maryland Children's Health and Care for Kids programs.
Health Room Staff
- Katherine Spivey, School Community Health Nurse (SCHN), email@example.com
- Patricia Belchere, Part-time School Community Health Nurse, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Simpson, School Health Room Tech (SHRT, email@example.com
Resources and Forms
- Health Services
- Authorization to Administer Prescribed Medication Form
- When to Keep Your Child Home
- MRSA Info Sheet
- CDC Fact Sheet - Flu
- Lice Info Sheet
- Dental form
- Lead form
- Health Inventory (English)
- Health Inventory (Spanish)
Allergy and Epi-Pen information
For more information about the School Based Health Center (SBHC), please click here.