Highland Elementary School is located in Silver Spring, Maryland approximately 12 miles north of Washington, D.C. Highland Elementary is home to a culturally diverse population of over 560 students in Pre-K through fifth grade, more than 80% of which speak a second language. We are part of the Einstein High School Cluster of schools in Montgomery County, Maryland. More
Summer 2020 Information
Continuity of Learning
- The MCPS continuity of learning site provides more information on using the county's distance learning schedule.
- Student courses and school information can be found on MyMCPS Classroom.
- Documents to assist technical difficulties with student logins and Zoom:
School Information: 2019-2020
Title I Information
Parent Handbook - English
Student Council Information
State Report Card Information
Highland School Progress
Click on the link here to view the school progress report.
- 2017-2018 School Improvement Plan (click to download)
- School Improvement Linkages Data Chart (click to download)
- 2017 Individual School Progress Report
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) posted the results of the 2017 Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) and the High School Assessments on the Maryland Report Card (www.mdreportcard.org) website. Click here to view Highland's 2017 School Progress Report located under the “Reports” tab. If you would like to receive the report in Chinese, French, Korean, Spanish, or Vietnamese, please contact the Main Office at 240-740-1770.