Scott Curry, Principal
I am excited to begin my 12th year as principal of Great Seneca Creek ES. As an educator, I have always strived to provide students with a fun and challenging educational experience. I believe this is done through strong relationships, reflective practice and becoming a lifelong learner. I will continue to build upon the successes at The Creek while working to improve every day. I am proud to be a Bullfrog at Great Seneca Creek ES.
I was born and raised in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. February 2nd is a special day as I anxiously await Punxsutawney Phil’s weather prognostication. I received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and my teaching certificate from the University of Pittsburgh. I earned my Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Bowie State University. This will be my 25th year in education, with all of those years being spent with the Montgomery County Public Schools. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th, as well as serving as an assistant principal. My wife and I live in New Market, Maryland with our sons Stephen and Ben.
As a big sports fanatic, I enjoy returning to Pittsburgh to watch my Pitt Panthers and sitting down to watch Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners games.
I can be reached at 240-740-4380 or through email at Scott_T_Curry@mcpsmd.org.
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, Bowie State University
- Masters Equivalency in Elementary Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- Principal, Great Seneca Creek Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal/Principal Intern, Sequoyah Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Washington Grove Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Greenwood Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Clarksburg Elementary, MCPS
Charysse R. Taylor, Assistant Principal
I am excited to be the new assistant principal of Great Seneca Creek. I look forward to working with a dedicated staff and community, continuing to provide all students with a positive educational experience through a high-level instructional program. Great Seneca Creek has a special place in my heart because I spent most of my teaching career here as a fourth-grade teacher. I am very happy to be returning in the capacity of assistant principal.
I received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Maryland. After graduating college, I quickly realized that education was my true passion, so I earned my Masters of Education degree and teaching certificate at the same time once again at the University of Maryland. I completed my certificate in Administration and Supervision from Hood College. I began my teaching career at Washington Grove Elementary teaching second and third grade. I then went on to teach fourth grade at Great Seneca Creek. I began my assistant principal career at Greenwood Elementary and most recently was the assistant principal at Little Bennett Elementary for the past seven years.
My husband and I live in Germantown with our two daughters Sydney who is eight years old and Morgan who is five years old. I am a huge Maryland Terps fan and enjoy cheering for them during basketball season.
Feel free to contact me by phone at Great Seneca Creek 301-740-4380 or by email at Charysse_R_Taylor@mcpsmd.org.
- Master in Education in Administration and Supervision, Hood College
- Master in Elementary Education, University of Maryland
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, University of Maryland
- Assistant Principal, Great Seneca Creek Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Little Bennett Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Greenwood Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Great Seneca Creek Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Washington Grove Elementary, MCPS