Parent Technical Support Email:
Scott Curry, Principal
I am excited to begin my seventh year as principal of Great Seneca Creek ES. As an educator, I have always strived to provide students with a fun and challenging educational experience. I believe this is done through strong relationships, reflective practice and becoming a lifelong learner. I will continue to build upon the successes at The Creek while working to improve every day. I am proud to be a Bullfrog at Great Seneca Creek ES.
I was born and raised in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. February 2nd is a special day as I anxiously await Punxsutawney Phil’s weather prognostication. I received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and my teaching certificate from the University of Pittsburgh. I earned my Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Bowie State University. This will be my 20th year in education, with all of those years being spent with the Montgomery County Public Schools. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th, as well as serving as an assistant principal. My wife and I live in New Market, Maryland with our sons Stephen and Benjamin. As a big sports fanatic, I enjoy returning to Pittsburgh to watch my Pitt Panthers and sitting down to watch Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners games.
I can be reached at 301-353-8500 or through email at Scott_T_Curry@mcpsmd.org.
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, Bowie State University
- Masters Equivalency in Elementary Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- Principal, Great Seneca Creek Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal/Principal Intern, Sequoyah Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Washington Grove Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Greenwood Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Clarksburg Elementary, MCPS
Nadya A. Briggs, Assistant Principal
I am excited and honored to be the new Assistant Principal at Great Seneca Creek! I was born in Bridgetown, Barbados and moved to the United States at the age of three. My family moved to New Your City and later settled in Montgomery County where I attended Chevy Chase Elementary School, Sidwell Friends School and Newport Preparatory School. I received a Bachelor of Arts in English and my teaching certificate from the Hood College. I earned my Master of Psychology from Walden University and returned to Hood to earn my Administration and Supervision Certificate. This is my twenty-fourth year in education serving in Montgomery, Henrico and Fairfax Counties. I began my teaching career teaching as an English and Reading Intervention teacher at Sligo Middle School in MCPS. After 10 years in MCPS, my family moved to Virginia where I was fortunate to become an Instructional Coach at an Elementary School. There I fell in love with everything elementary! When we moved back to MCPS, I returned to Middle School, but I knew I wanted to go back to K-5 at some point in my career. Prior to my appointment as Assistant Principal at The Creek, I was the Staff Development Teacher and then Assistant Principal at Cannon Road Elementary School.
My husband and I have two teenagers Savan and Leila who are entering 9th and 11th grades at a local Montgomery County high school. They are both student athletes participating in cross country, football, basketball, and track. In my personal time, I relish traveling, listening to music and spending time with family and friends.
As your Assistant Principal, I bring my passion for learning and continual growth, my dedication to creating equitable opportunities and learning experiences for our students and families, and my belief that when provided with what they need, ALL children can thrive. I am thankful to be able to be of service to the students, staff and community of GSCES! My door I open and I can be reached at 240-740-4380 or through email at Nadya_Briggs@mcpsmd.org.
- Administration and Supervision Certificate, Hood College
- Master of Science in Psychology with a concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Walden University
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Hood College
- Assistant Principal and Staff Development Teacher, Cannon Road Elementary School
- AEIST/ Student Support Teacher, Farquhar Middle School
- Team Lead/EFR/Reading Teacher, Forest Oak Middle School
- Instructional Coach, Fairfax and Henrico County, VA
- Consulting Teacher, Office of Organizational Development
- English/ Reading/ Alternative I Teacher, MCPS Middle Schools