- Sheppard Software Math Games
- Primary Games
- AAA Math
- Batters Up Baseball
- Harcourt Math Advantage
- iknowthat.com Math Games
- Play Kids Games
- Arcademic Skill Builders
- Who Wants to be a Mathionaire?
Please see or e-mail Mrs. Wellen or Mrs. Howenstein in the media
center for home use logins and passwords.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Britannica Global Reference Center
- SIRS Discoverer
- Britannica Image Quest
Carnegie Hall: Interactive listening adventures for kids
Dallas Symphony Orchestra Kids Website: This site allows you to listen to different composer and pieces, and also has a few games.
San Francisco Symphony Orchestra Kids Website: This contains a section to meet the instrument families as well as a music lab to create your own songs and experiment with different instruments, tempos, dynamics, and rhythms.
Creative Kids Central Website: This site teaches about many different forms of classical music-Orchestra, Opera, Solo voice and instruments, Choirs, and Chamber music. It contains interactive adventures, listening activities, andmusic resources. You can create your own opera.
Classics for Kids: A radio program which presents classical pieces especially for children. You can listen to the radio programs online, access the worksheets which accompany the program, and read other information about classical music and composers.
Morton Subotnick’s Creating Music: An on-line creative music environment for children on all ages, a place for kids to compose music, play with musical instruments, music games and music puzzles
- Native American Houses
- Native American Clothing
- Apache Fact Sheet
- Southwest Apache Indians
- Cherokee Indian Fact Sheet
- Cherokee Story: The Origin of Medicine
- Inuit Culture, Traditions, and History
- Inuit Creation Tale
- Navajo Fact Sheet
- Navajo Indian Language
- Navajo Pictures
- Nez Perce Indian Fact Sheet
- NezPerce.org FAQ
- Sioux Fact Sheet
- Sioux Indian Pictures
- MAP-R Games
- Sesame Workshop
- PBS Kids
- Montgomery County Public Library Kidsite
- Teachers First – Reading Suggestions
- International Children's Digital Library
- StoryLine Online
- PBS' NATURE The PBS site NATURE presents wildlife in unique situations that raise challenging questions in both natural science and environmental protection. These questions can bring to light different viewpoints as well as inspire further inquiry.
- NASA for Kids
- Smithsonian National Zoo Animal Cameras
- Smithsonian Kids site
- Enchanted Learning -- Animal printouts
- Science Buddies https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/science-projects
- Education.com Science Fair Project ideas https://www.education.com/science-fair/
- Climate Kids Science Project ideas https://climatekids.nasa.gov/science-fair/
- Science Kids http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts.html
- Ben's Guide to US Government for Kids
Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids is the educational component of GPO Access, the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) free online service of official Government information from all three branches of the U.S. Government. Ben’s Guide provides information and activities specifically tailored for educators, parents, and students in K-12. These resources can help teach about our government and how it works.
- Maryland Kids' Page
- Introduction to Maryland
- Time for Kids
- Washington Post Kids Page
- USA State Web Games
- World Geography Web Games
- America's Story (Library of Congress site)
Spellbee.org is home to a new educational technology which lets kids become each other's teachers across the internet. The first activity is a spelling game, where students choose words for each other to spell. Other activities will be introduced over time.
Note: This Web page contains links to pages that are outside
MCPS. MCPS does not control the content or relevancy of these