Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning (https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/community-engagement/linkages-to-learning/) is a community school partnership with an integrated focus on health, social services, community engagement and leadership to support student learning, strong families, and healthy communities.
We are an award-winning prevention and intervention initiative established by the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (MCDHHS), MCPS and local public and private nonprofit agencies.
Linkages to Learning assists students and their families by providing or connecting them to services and resources that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that may interfere with student success. We assist whole school communities by bringing additional partners and resources into the school house to offer a range of supports and opportunities to students and families.
To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and academic success of a child.
Staff at Georgian Forest:
- Child and Family Therapist: Julia Kernan-Schloss, LCSW-C, 240-740-0738, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Site Coordinator: 240-740-0736
- Family Case Manager: 240-740-0737
Mental Health Services
- Individual, family, and group therapy focused on early intervention provided during and after school hours.
- Information on and referral to other mental health services.
- In-school crisis support for Linkages clients.
- Collaboration with school staff to support Linkages clients.
Social Services and Case Management
- Family needs assessment
- Assistance obtaining clothes, furniture, food, housing, etc.
- Assistance with legal, employment, and immigration issues.
- Crisis intervention (utilities cut-off, evictions, domestic violence, etc.)
- Assistance accessing daycare, summer, and recreational programs.
- Assistance with school supplies
Educational Support Service
- Computer classes for parents
- ESOL classes
- Parent Educational Group/Women's group
- Community Exchange Network (Backpacks, Food and Holiday assistance)
- After school programs (Homework club, Soccer and Tutoring)
- Acculturation groups