Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
News from our Principal, Dan Tucci
Meet Mr. Tucci
I am honored to be the principal of Garrett Park Elementary School. I look forward to continuing working with a dedicated staff and community, continuing to provide all students with a positive educational experience through a high level instructional program.
As an educator, I have always strived to provide students with a fun, safe and challenging educational experience. I believe this is done through building strong positive relationships, reflective practice and becoming a lifelong learner. I will continue to build upon the successes at Garrett Park while working to improve every day.
I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia and spent time living in Minnesota and Pennsylvania. I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education and my teaching certificate from Lebanon Valley College. I earned my Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Bowie State University. This is my 26nth year in education, with all of those years being spent with the Montgomery County Public Schools. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th, served as a staff development teacher for four years and served as an assistant principal for six years.
My wife and I live in New Market, Maryland with our daughters, Elizabeth and Isabelle. As a big sports fanatic, I enjoy rooting for the local D.C teams and the Minnesota Vikings as well as spending time watching my daughters play soccer and golf.
I can be reached at 240-740-0700 or through email at Daniel_K_Tucci@mcpsmd.org
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, Bowie State University
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Teaching Standards, George Washington University
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, PA.
- Principal, Garrett Park Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Farmland Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Lake Seneca Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Meadow Hall Elementary, MCPS
- Staff Development Teacher, Fields Road Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Clarksburg Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Wood Acres Elementary, MCPS
2019-2020September 20, 2019
2018-2019Principal's Update February 11, 2019
November 9, 2018 Principal's Newsletter
2017 - 2018
January 11, 2018 Principal's Newsletter