Return to School Information
- Administration's Letter English and Spanish
- General Information - English and Spanish
- Transportation Letters English and Spanish
- Bus Schedules Departures and Arrivals
- Cafeteria News - coming soon
- Synergy ParentVUE Support Guide - English and Spanish
- This contains the information regarding how parents update all of their emergency contact information, including the student release of pictures. Multiple languages are available at the bottom.
- Tutorial Video
- Parent Reunification Release of Student in both English and Spanish
- Parent Reunification Release of Student Digital Version in both English and Spanish
- Vaccination Requirements for Children
- Vaccination Clinics
Dear GMS Community,
We recognize that we are returning from a year like no other. Hopefully, the summer has provided you with many memorable opportunities to spend time with family and friends. We are excited to welcome you and your child to the 2021-2022 school year! Joining the administrative team this year is Mr. Darryl Johnson, Principal Intern, 7th grade administrator and returning is Ms. Kelly Bean, Assistant Principal, 8th grade administrator. Mr. Darryl Johnson will lead GMS as the principal from December 13, 2021-January 28, 2022. I will be serving as a visiting principal during this time and then return to GMS.
MCPS PROSPER 100 entails:
P-Putting Students First
O-Opening 5 Days a Week for In-Person Instruction
S-Supporting Staff to Meet Student Needs
P-Preparing for Our Future
E-Educating for Equity
R-Reestablishing the Culture of Respect
These are the MCPS priorities:
- Equity-What actions are you taking to create an equitable school environment?
- Literacy and Math-How do we know where our students are entering and how do we monitor and respond to the student progress?
- Social Emotional Well-Being and School Climate-How do we assess and respond to our students’ social-emotional health during this time?
Our GMS vision is to Make it Count!
U-Understanding our shared experiences
N-Never Give Up
Below are some important dates:
- Thursday, August 26, 2021-Student Orientation Half Day from 8:15 AM-12:00 PM- half day of school is scheduled for all incoming 6th graders and students in 7th and 8th grade new to Gaithersburg Middle School.
- Monday, August 30, 2021-First Day of School 8:15 AM-3:00 PM. Upon arrival sixth graders will be directed to the cafeteria, seventh and eighth graders to the gym.
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021-Back to School Night-5:00-7:00 PM- Free food, music, and activities will be provided. (Rain Date: September 17, 2021, 5:00-7:00 PM
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Gaithersburg Middle School and making this year COUNT!
Ann Dolan, Principal
Darryl Johnson, Principal Intern
Kelly Bean, Assistant Principal