- Ms. Ruth Cartwright - Media Specialist
- Mrs. Janice Tanner - Media Assistant
- Check out two items at a time.
- Overdue book or magazine must be returned before checking out additional items.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks and magazines for one week.
- Books may renewed for an additional two week period.
- Destiny catalog- browse through the books in the library.
- Monday - Friday 7:50 am - 3:15 pm
- Before and After School - Students may come to the media center to work on homework, use the computers for school assignments or check in and out materials and use the MakerSpace area.
- During School and Lunch - Students may come to the media center with a pass and work on homework, class projects, check out materials or read and use the MakerSpace area. They may only use the Internet for school assignments. Watch for Library Lunch Activity Days. Announcements will be made in the morning and posted in the Media Center. Game Days, Star Wars Days, Harry Potter Days, BINGO Days, Origami, Crafts, Coloring and more are celebrated.
Click the Follett Destiny Library Catalog button to search the GMS Library Catalog for your topic, title of book or author.
Search ebooks to find all the ebooks available to you through OverDrive.
Login with your computer login/password if you wish to save anything or checkout an ebook.
ebooks for ekids -Online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading
Online collection of e-books & read-along chapter books, graphic novels & audio books. Middle/teen
Online collection of nonfiction books.
Online collection of nonfiction/fiction books.
Passwords available from the Media Center and GMS Media Center Google Classroom.
Online Subscription Resources
- Access the MCPS Subscription Services
passwords available from the Media Center and on Edline
Common Sense Digital Citizenship
- Digital Citizenship
Empower the students to make safe, smart and ethical decisions online.
- Britannica Image Quest
Use this website to search for pictures or images. passwords available from the Media Center and on Edline
Montgomery Public Libraries
Finding a Book By Lexile Level
Use this link to find good fiction books that are at your reading level. You must know your "lexile" level to use this site.
- The Black-Eyed Susan Book Award honors outstanding books, chosen annually by Maryland students.
- The Pura Belpré Award is presented to a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose work best portrays, affirms, and celebrates the Latino cultural experience in an outstanding work of literature for children and youth.
- The Caldecott Medal is awarded annually to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Coretta Scott King Book Award titles promote understanding and appreciation of the culture of all peoples and their contribution to the realization of the American dream.
- The Newbery Medal is awarded annually to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- The Michael L. Printz Award is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Award is awarded annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished informational book published in English during the preceding year.