GMS Highlights Week of June 1 - 7
- Thanks to Linkages to Learning for helping serve our community with food pickup.
- Thanks to Asbury for donating books to our school.
- PTA is looking for a president and treasurer for next year 2020-2021.
- Any questions or nominations can go to Shayla ward at email@example.com
- More information coming soon on voting for officers.
- Please see the letter below from the GMS PTA:
Our GMS PTA is looking for a new President and Treasurer! Our parents in these roles are moving on to high school and will not be able to lead our GMS PTA next year! It would be great to have leaders who are bilingual in English and Spanish!! New ideas for how to make these positions more efficient and effective are always welcome! Expectations for these board positions are:
- PTA President: lead monthly or bi monthly PTA meetings, meet with the Principal via phone or in person monthly/quarterly, organize chairs for PTA events such as: back to school picnic, teacher appreciation, honor/straight A, membership, and socials for students.
- PTA Treasurer: Manage the finances for the PTA (bring budgets to the meetings) and file the appropriate tax forms – there is support from MCCPTA for any tax questions.
We know that middle school is short and kind of an awkward time for parents and students; yet our GMS PTA still needs leaders! Unfortunately, if we do not have a President or Treasurer the PTA will not be active at GMS for the 2020/2021 school year. If you are willing to serve our GMS community, please email Shayla Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2020.
Student Service Learning Hours
- Please forward all SSL forms for any service completed during the 2019-2020 school year to Ms. Mesina's email address by June 5th. email@example.com
- You can continue to forward any SSL questions to Ms.Mesina.
GMS Yearbook Cover Design Contest
- Calling all 6th and 7th graders-Do you want your artwork on the GMS yearbook cover?
- You can create a 2D or digital design/drawing . Please send your image saved as a .JPEG or .PNG only.
- How to photograph your artwork: https://youtu.be/S0g4a1Ge-Ds
- All artwork should be submitted to Ms. Scher Alison_M_Scher@mcpsmd.org
- Submission Deadline: June 10th
Virtual City of Gaithersburg Book Festival
- The City of Gaithersburg will hold their book festival virtually from May 16-June 14
Student Pickup of Materials
- MCPS is working to determine when students will be allowed to come to pick up their belongings at school.
- No students will be allowed inside the building, student materials will be brought outside for pickup.
- Once a date is determined this will be communicated with the community.
- MCPS will be offering virtual free summer school opportunities.
- Information regarding registration will be coming out in the middle of June.
8th Grade Celebrations
- Next Sunday, June 7, 2020 an 8th grade student slideshow and an 8th grade staff video will be posted to share with our graduating 8th graders and their families.
- Students will also receive a certificate in the mail around June 15, 2020.
8th Grade SlideShow
- We are putting together a slideshow for our awesome 8th grade class. We want to celebrate you but we need your pictures by Friday, June 5, 2020
- We also want to know about your time at GMS as well as your future and any words of wisdom you would like to leave to future students.
- There are 2 ways to do this. You may click on the Google form below and fill out your information.
- Once you have done that, you can upload a picture at the end of the Google form linked here:
If you are not able to upload your picture that way, you can simply drop it off in this shared Google folder. Your picture will ONLY be used for the 8th grade presentation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Sr. Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org)