Class of 2021 - This is your year!
Class of 2021 Graduation and Senior Activities Information
As you are aware, Montgomery County Public Schools remain closed due to the COVID health crisis. Subsequently, all “in-person” activities such as Homecoming, Prom, Senior Field Trips and Graduation are temporarily suspended until a final determination has been made about a return to the school building in the spring of 2020.
- Senior Portraits: Lifetouch has added three additional days for Gaithersburg HS students to have their Senior Portraits taken. These dates are Monday, November 9th, Tuesday, November 10th and Wednesday, November 11th.
- These photos will be taken on the stage in the auditorium at GHS.
- Please go their website, www.PrestigePortraits.com, to schedule your appointment.
§ You will need an appointment code, which was mailed to you from Lifetouch, to make the appointment. If you do not have an appointment code, you can also try to search for your name. If that doesn’t work, please send your name, address and student ID to Mrs. Donner at Patricia_e_donner@mcpdmd.org.
§ Also, please note that there is NO fee to have a photo taken to ONLY be in the yearbook. If this is want you want, choose the BASIC package and do not pay any fees online. Just tell the photographer that you only want the yearbook photo.
- Painting of Senior Wall (near stadium): Ms. Keres will be coordinating the painting of the wall, incorporating social distancing protocol during the process.
- Homecoming: Suspended until further notice
- Senior Class Trips: Suspended until further notice
- Prom 2020: Prom has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 24, 2021 at The Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD. MCPS will make a final decision about school Proms at a later date in the spring of 2020. Save the date!
- After-Prom 2020: After-Prom has been scheduled for Saturday, April 24, 2021 in the GHS gym. MCPS will make a final decision about school After-Proms at a later date in the spring of 2020. Save the date!
- Graduation: MCPS will review the in-person ceremonies in the Spring of 2021.
Other items to note:
- SATs: MCPS has approved for SATs to be administered in MCPS school buildings throughout the fall and winter. Interested students can register through College Board
- SSL Requirements: At this time, MCPS has not made a final decision about SSL requirements. Seniors should continue to collect SSL hours throughout this school year. Don’t assume a waiver will be implemented again this year!
- MCAP State Testing (formerly PARCC): At this time, Maryland State Department of Education (MSCE) has not made a final decision about standardized testing requirements.
GHS will continue to communicate to our community when we receive the information from MCPS.
Do you have an obligation?
Obligations (payment link)
Graduation date and location for the Class of 2021 is yet to be determined. Watch this space for information.
- Seniors and Parents/Guardians – All seniors must provide a written transcript request form for each and every college, university, and scholarship the student is applying to. Students must make the request a minimum of 15 school days prior to the due date.
- Forms are available in the Counseling Office and College Career Center or you can view and print HERE
- Students applying to Montgomery College must fill out a transcript request form at the time the application is completed.
- FOR THOSE STUDENTS WHO ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH NAVIANCE, PLEASE GO TO THE COLLEGE/CAREER CENTER OR THE COUNSELING OFFICE DURING LUNCH OR AFTER SCHOOL
- For questions, contact Ms. Lisa Koenick in the Counseling Department or Ms. Geri Sliffman in the College Career Center