Good evening, Farmland families,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Below are our updates for the week.
In this email you will find:
- Antiracist Survey Results Presentation at the PTA meeting on June 6
- School Supplies for the 2023-2024 School Year
- Farmland Staffing Updates
- Farmland ES Summer Hours, Farmland Updates
- PTA Updates
- Upcoming Important Dates
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! 2023-2024 School Year
- Contact Information
Antiracist Survey Results
The results of the antiracist survey were posted on the Farmland website on Friday, May 26th. Please click here to access the summarized results. We look forward to working together with families to gain deeper insights into what our data mean and actions we must take to continuously improve. This summary was shared in the Farmland Weekly Update on Sunday, May 21st.
Please join us at the June 6th PTA meeting where these results will also be shared.
School Supplies for the 2023-2024 School Year
More information will be shared next week about school supplies for the coming year. We will also post the list on our website for those who want to get school supplies during the summer break.
Farmland Staffing Updates
Please click here to see the Farmland ES staff assignments for the FY24 school year. PLEASE NOTE that staff assignments could change due to changes in enrollment.
Student classroom assignments will be shared on Wednesday, August 25th through ParentVue and in an email from your child's teacher. Please do not contact the school prior to this date to ask about your child's teacher.
Farmland ES Summer Hours, Farmland Updates
Dates: June 21st through August 18th
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- June 19th is a System Closure. The office is closed.
- July 4th is a System Closure. The office is closed.
As a reminder, teachers do not check their emails over the summer. If you have questions during the summer, please email or contact the office at 240-740-0660 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Below is a list of staff members you can contact during the summer.
- Mrs. Longest, Principal, April_D_Longest@mcpsmd.org
- Ms. Davis-Jones, Assistant Principal, Aara_L_Davis-Jones@mcpsmd.org
- Ms. Harrison, Administrative Secretary, Theresa_T_Harrison@mcpsmd.org
- Mrs. Auel, Registrar and Attendance Secretary, Kari_R_Auel@mcpsmd.org
The last Farmland Update for this school year will go out next Sunday, June 11. Unless necessary, I will not send out any Updates over the summer. Farmland Updates will begin the second week of August.
Final PTA Meeting of the School Year - June 6th
Please join us for the final PTA meeting of the year, June 6, at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom. We will vote on the previously shared slate of volunteers for the PTA board for next school year, share open volunteer positions for next school year, vote to approve the updated bylaws, and hear updates from Mrs. Longest.
Topic: Farmland PTA's Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 6, 2023, 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81027179834?pwd=MmdXVllsN3VWL0Y0UTl1ZXpwbDkwQT09Meeting ID: 810 2717 9834 Passcode: 102189 One tap mobile +13017158592,,81027179834#,,,,*102189# US (Washington DC) +13092053325,,81027179834#,,,,*102189# US Meeting ID: 810 2717 9834 Passcode: 102189 Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k3Jni3XQJoin Zoom Meeting
Popsicle Night at Montrose Park - June 7thsignup and help out if you can. Thank you! Farmland Day at the Josiah Henson Museum The Farmland PTA is proud to offer one more opportunity for families to visit the Josiah Henson Museum for FREE: June 11 (12-4 p.m.). Learn more about the museum and get parking/transportation info here.End the school year on this sweet note! Join us for Popsicle Night at Montrose Park (451 Congressional Ln) on Wednesday, June 7, 5:30-7:00 PM. There are a few volunteer needs so please take a look at the
Attention 5th Grade Families!We are delighted to share details about this year's 5th-grade bash, which will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at school and will include games, refreshments, DJ, a photo booth by Electric Events DC, moon bounce, raffles, prizes, and lots of fun! 5th graders are encouraged to wear their Farmland 2023 t-shirt, which they should have received from their homeroom teacher.
We need your help! Please sign up to volunteer.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, June 9 - Walter Johnson's Graduation
- Friday, June 9 - 4th Grade Field Trip - Annapolis
- Wednesday, June 14 - 5th Grade Bash
- Thursday, June 15 - 5th Grade Promotion - Walter Johnson HS
- Thursday, July 15 - End of Year Parties - Teachers will be sharing EOY party information
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of School - Early Release Day
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! 2023-2024 School Year
- Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - Classroom teachers will send an email to families inviting students to their Meet Your Teacher event on Friday, August 25. Teacher assignments will NOT be shared prior to August 25. Classes change due to enrollment and teachers' plans can change over the summer.
- Friday, August 25, 2023 - 10:00 - 11:00 Meet Your Teacher
- Monday, August 28, 2023 - First Day of School
- Friday, August 31, 2023 - Fire Drill
- Monday, September 5, 2023 - No School - Labor Day
- Thursday, September 7, 2023 - Farmland Back to School Night
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Office Phone Number: 240-740-0660
Mrs. Longest, Principal, April_D_Longest@mcpsmd.org
Ms. Davis-Jones, Assistant Principal, Aara_L_Davis-Jones@mcpsmd.org
Ms. Harrison, Administrative Secretary, Theresa_T_Harrison@mcpsmd.org
Mrs. Auel, Registrar and Attendance Secretary, Kari_R_Auel@mcpsmd.org
Nurse: Thamary Pfinayi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Technician: Fafali Deegbe, email@example.com
Lunch Accounts and Menu Questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding lunch accounts and the menu, email Mrs. Olga Cardenas at Olga_N_Cardenas@mcpsmd.org.
Click here to access the weekly menu.
Late Arrival and Dismissal Pick Up Form: Late Arrival and Early Dismissal Form
Have a wonderful week!
April D. Longest
Farmland Elementary School
Office Phone: 240-740-0660