MCCPTA Delegates' Duties and Time Commitment
The Einstein PTSA is allocated 2 MCCPTA Delegate positions. Delegates are members of the Einstein PTSA's Board of Directors.
Delegates are the link between local school communities and the Montgomery County Council of PTAs (MCCPTA) and are essential to two-way communication. They help their PTSA members understand the critical role each one can play outside their school in advocacy efforts and school-system sponsored focus groups, task forces, etc. to benefit all children and public schools in the county.
To accomplish this work, delegates should:
- Report on the Delegates Assemblies at the Einstein PTSA board meetings and general membership meetings and in newsletter articles, on schools list serves, particularly any item that requires a position or vote by the Einstein PTSA.
- Represent the views of the Einstein PTSA, not their personal views, during discussions and in votes cast at Delegates Assemblies.
- Be familiar with the MCPS Operating Budget and Capital Improvements Budget and the views of the Einstein PTSA regarding specific items in the budgets. Attend Board of Education and County Council hearings - and bring members of the Einstein PTSA with you - to support the Einstein community’s needs.
- Attend the special MCCPTA Delegates Assemblies on the Operating or Capital Budgets in preparation for public hearings conducted by the Board of Education and the County Council.
- Encourage the Einstein PTSA to discuss and develop priorities, possible solutions, and ideas of their own and communicate their views to the Board of Education or the County Council as appropriate.
- Keep the Einstein PTSA informed of projects and activities of MCCPTA, including opportunities for Einstein PTSA members to serve on MCCPTA committees and information distributed at the Delegates Assemblies.
More information is in the MCCPTA Delegates' Handbook.
Time Commitment: Delegate Assemblies are generally held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm, (typically not in December or the summer) at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford drive, Rockville, MD 20850.