How to Enroll
Students in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 from any Montgomery County Public Schools high school may apply.
When courses are over-enrolled, students may be placed on a wait list. Some programs also have specific criteria for enrollment—refer to the program descriptions OR take a look at our 2020-21 TEHST Course Guide. This simple to use guide gives information about each program including course descriptions, program highlights, articulation agreements, SSL hours and more!
Ready to attend Edison??? Click on the link below to get started!
- NOTE: To fill out an Enrollment Form, students MUST be logged into Google using their Google MCPS mcpsmd.net account.
- Student login is their student ID@mcpsmd.net. EX: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a student does not know or forgot their password, they should contact the Media Specialist at their school
- If a student is not currently an MCPS Student, but will be enrolled for the 2020-21 school year, please call our Main Office at 240-740-2000 for application assistance
The following programs have availability:
- Graphic Design
The following programs are at capacity. Interested students can still submit an Enrollment Form, but will placed on a waitlist:
- Automotive Technology & Dealership Training
- The Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (formerly Academy of Hospitality and Tourism)
- Eletricity (Construction Electricity)
- Foundations of Building Construction Technology (FBCT)
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Law Enforcement and Leadership
- Network Operations
- Principles of Architecture & CAD Technology
*To enroll in the Cybersecurity program, a student must have completed one of the following prerequisites: AP Computer Science Principles, AP Computer Science Java, Network Operations, or a course in the Computer Science Pathway, plys one of the previous.
The Enrollment Form is no longer available for the following programs as they are at capacity and waitlists are also full:
- Auto Body Repair Technology
- The Academy of Health Professions
- Restaurant Management/Culinary Arts
Already Accepted to Edison??? Congratulations! Fill Out Your Enrollment Confirmation Form
Congratulations on your acceptance into Thomas Edison High School of Technology! You have made a major step in preparation for meeting your educational and professional goals
In order to reserve your spot in the program for which you have been accepted, please visit the following link:
*Please note that this form should only be filled out if you received an acceptance letter.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 240-740-2000.
We look forward to seeing you in the Fall!
Career Readiness Education Academy (CREA)
If you are an ESOL Resource Teacher, school counselor, or administrator wishing to refer a student to the CREA program, please complete the following form and email to Larissa Amador:
If you are a parent, guardian, or student interested in the CREA program, please contact 240.740.2034.
Si usted es un padre, guardián, o estudiante interesado en el programa de CREA, por favor llame al 240.740.2034.
- All enrollment information submitted will be maintained in confidence.
- Enrollment forms will be compiled and reviewed by staff at designated review times. Submissions after the priority deadline will be reviewed as they arrive.
- If the number of eligible students exceeds the number of seats available, eligible students may go onto a wait list.
- Students will be notified of an application decision via US Mail.