Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA)
The goal of the Edison PTSA is to provide assistance and support to Edison students wherever possible.
2019-20 Edison PTSA Officers
- President: Marcy Jackson (Edison Alum Parent)
- Executive Vice President: VACANT*
- Vice President of Membership: Christine Ellie Schell (Edison Student)
- Treasurer: Ginny Bunke (Edison Parent)
- Secretary: Lynn Harris (Edison Teacher)
Interested in Joining?
PTSA Meetings 2019-20, Join us! Meetings held at Edison or Carver building in Rockville; video conferencing available!
|February 26, 2020||General Meeting* @ Edison||6:30pm - 7:30pm|
|March TBD||Subcommittees' meet||TBD by members|
|April 22, 2020||Committees' meeting
(chairs and members)
|6:30pm - 7:30pm|
|May 6, 2020||Board meeting
|8:00am - 9:00am|
|May 27, 2020||General Meeting* (elections)||6:30pm - 7:30pm|
*General Meetings are open to all, regardless of membership status. Voting, however, is only open to members.
PTSA Special Events and Dates:
VolunTEers are needed to help plan and host important Spring 2020 Events!
- PTSA General Meeting, February 26th 6:30pm - 7:30pm @ Edison
- Edison Spring Open House & Fundraiser, March 12th 6pm - 8pm
- Edison Annual Keystone Student Awards Ceremony, May 14th @ Montgomery College (Rockville Campus)
- Nominating Committee for 2020-2021 TEHST PTSA Executive Board - May Elections
- ...and more! Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering! Thanks for your support!!!
Donate to our Spring 2020 Student Certification Fundraising Campaign!
- February 1 - April 30
- More details to be released soon!
Click on this link or the icon below:
Officer Position Available
*Executive Vice President
The Thomas Edison High School of Technology Parent-Teacher-Student-Association, is seeking a volunteer Executive Vice President of Operations to join our Board of Directors, to help support our goals and activities this school year. TEHST PTSA VP can be a Parent or Partner, Teacher, Student or Staff, Alumni or Administrator of Thomas Edison High School of Technology.
This ideal candidate will be a PTSA member who is efficient, sociable and have 5-10 hours per week available to perform the following primary tasks in person and virtually to support student success:
- Donor Engagement, and Fundraiser Oversight
- Meeting Coordination and Secondary Administration
Interested Candidates should submit the following to PTSAPresidentEdison@gmail.com:
- Best times of the day to call
- TEHST Role (Parent, Staff, etc.):
- Experience with Donor Engagement and/or Fundraising:
- Experience with coordinating, and leading or supporting meetings:
- Communication style:
- Status of Edison PTSA Membership:
Thank you very much for your interest!
For more information, please contact the main office at 240-740-2000.