The Counselor Corner is a resource available for families during the Continuity of Learning. There is a link for "Virtual Appointments" with contact information, virtual office hours and a virtual mailbox.
Mission Statement: Professional School Counselors are leaders who advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth.
Learn more about...
Books for Parents:
- The Angry Child : Regaining Control When Your Child Is Out of Control -- by Timothy Murphy, Loriann Hoff Oberlin
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children -- by Ross W. Greene
- Raising Resilient Children : Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child -- by Robert Brooks, Sam Goldstein
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish
- Parenting With Love and Logic : Teaching Children Responsibility -- by Foster W. Cline, Jim Fay
- Playground Politics: Understanding the Emotional Life of the School-Age Child -- by Stanley I., M.D. Greenspan
- The Challenging Child: Understanding, Raising, and Enjoying the Five "Difficult" Types of Children -- by Stanley I. Greenspan, Jacqueline Salmon
- The Child With Special Needs: Encouraging Intellectual and Emotional Growth -- by Stanley I., Md. Greenspan
- Raising Our Children To Be Resilient: A Guide To Helping Children Cope With Trauma in Today's World -- by Linda Goldman
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too by Adele Faber,Elaine Mazlish.
- Parenting information on a variety of topics.
- Information on ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Information on empowering parents of children with special needs
- Website full of parenting resources
- Bullying information
- Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System
- Bullying information
- Parent articles on relevant topics
- Information for parents on the influences of TV on children
Books to read with your children about:
- Special Kids in School Series:
Several books on various topics such as ADD, Diabetes, Depression, Dyslexia, Allergies
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney -- by Judith Viorst
- Lifetimes -- by BRYAN MELLONIE
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf: 20th Aniversary Edition -- by Leo Buscaglia
- The Saddest Time (An Albert Whitman Prairie Book) -- by Norma Simon, Jacqueline Rogers
- Dog Heaven -- by Cynthia Rylant
- Cat Heaven -- by Cynthia Rylant