Websites for Kids and Parents
Federal Government Sites
- usa.gov - Government Made Easy
- gobiernoUSA.gov - Official Spanish language portal of the U.S. Government (informacion oficial en espanol)
- answers.USA.gov - Answers to frequently asked questions about the U.S. Government (Spanish is available)
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE) - links to many sites where kids will find great info and free stuff! Visit the CIA Kids Page, FDA Kids Page, H.I.P. Pocket Change and many more Government Agencies' Kids Pages!
Other Sites for Parents
Especially for Kids
- KidsKonnect.com - "...a safe Internet gateway for kids...created and maintained by educators." A HUGE list of categories taking you to web sites about everything from figure skating to Amelia Earhart to math sites and games to the Stock Market to all of the US states to friendship and on and on and on...
- Great Web Sites for Kids - links to the best of the best - check out their Web Site of the Month
- Enchanted Learning - features a kids' dictionary in Eng.-French, Eng.-German, Eng.-Portuguese & Eng.-Spanish, crafts, dinosaurs, animal printouts and much more!
Authors and Books
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid - the official web site
- Harry Potter - trivia game, pronunciation guide, owl posts and more
- J.K. Rowling Official Harry Potter Site
- Roald Dahl - If you're intrigued by Roald Dahl's books like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Jumanji and The Polar Express, then check out his web site. It's a quirky site with games, news, biography and lots more!
- Eric Carle - Love the art and books of Eric Carle? Visit this Official site featuring his Art Museum
- Jan Brett - see more than 4,000 pages of free activities, projects and Jan Brett's beautiful books
- Tomie de Paola - Want to be an artist? This website can tell you how. And learn all about Tomie de Paola and his books and art
- Children's Literature Web Guide - Children's bestsellers, children's book awards, resources for parents, authors on the web
- El Gancho - Spanish online magazine -- tu periodico digital
- Kids.gov - a portal from which all government web sites for kids can be accessed as well as some great kids' sites from nongovernment organizations
Just for Fun!
- Kids Psych - fun games to stretch a child's thinking skills and imagination
- Figure This! Math Challenges for Families - in English & Spanish - "Helping families enjoy mathematics outside school through a series of fun & engaging, high-quality challenges." This site presents you with a challenge, helps you get started, relates the math skill to everyday life & gives you more to think about when you've figured it out (or looked at the answer).