Online registration has begun for the next class of kindergarten students who will come to College Gardens in the fall of 2021. Children who will be 5 by September 1, 2021 are eligible for kindergarten this fall. You will fill out forms and upload your documents.
To register online:
URL for Parents/Guardians New to MCPS - ParentVUE
URL for Parents/Guardians with ParentVUE accounts - ParentVUE/StudentVUE
To register in-person or by email:
Forms required at the time of registration to qualify for enrollment:
- MCPS Form 560-24, New Student Information
- MCPS Form 565-1, Student Emergency Information
- MCPS Form 345-17, Maryland State Department of Education Prekindergarten Experience
Documents to be provided at the time of registration as an additional attachment. The documents may be scanned or photographed and be legible. Examples of acceptable required documentation can be found in the MCPS Quick Guide to Enrollment:
- Proof of Student Age and Identity
- Proof of Identity of Parent/Guardian Enrolling Student and Relationship to Student (proof of Custody/Guardianship). This must be a photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Proof of Residency, which may include *MCPS Form 335-74, Shared Housing Disclosure. *Of note, the in-person notarization requirement on MCPS Form 335-74, Shared Housing Disclosure, has been temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 health crisis. Parents/guardians should complete the form (including signatures) and submit it to the school with the registration materials. Once schools reopen, parents/guardians will be asked to get the form notarized.
The below documents must be submitted to the school of attendance within 20 days of schools opening. Pre-Kindergarten registrants should submit all documentation to the student’s home school prior to the first day of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Immunizations (A computer form generated by a physician or health clinic or MDH Form 896 )
- MCPS Form 525-17, Dental Health Form
- SR-6, Maryland Schools Record of Physical Examination
Additional required form for prekindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade students only
Please visit the Kindergarten Information and Resources page on the MCPS website to access the Kindergarten Handbook, information on curriculum and much more.