ACCESSING AND USING THE INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITIES CENTER
Accessing and Using the Instructional Activities Center
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m a student and don’t know my username and/or password
- Students log in to myMCPS Classroom (Canvas LMS) using their MCPS Google username and password. This information was provided to students at the beginning of the school year. This is the same username and password students would use to log in to MCPS Chromebooks.
- Username: studentID@mcpsmd.net (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: [Provided by school]
- If you continue to have issues, please email email@example.com for support.
I’m a student and I can’t see the MCPS Resources folder
- Students will only see the MCPS Resources folder if they are signed in to the Chrome browser with their MCPS Google account.
- On Chromebooks: Students are automatically signed in to the Chrome browser when logged in to a Chromebook with their MCPS Google account.
- On PC/Mac Computers: Students should...
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click Profile icon.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- If you want to sync your info across all your devices, click Turn on sync and then Turn on.
I tried to log into myMCPS Classroom and got a 403 error
I’m using the Google Chrome browser
You may be signed into a non-MCPS G Suite account. Be sure to sign out of Chrome from this account and sign in to Chrome or create a new Chrome profile using your MCPS account before navigating to the training.
I’m not using the Google Chrome browser
You may be signed into a non-MCPS G Suite account. Visit https://www.google.com and look in the upper right-hand corner to determine which account is signed into Google Apps. If you are signed into a non-MCPS G Suite account, click your profile icon and then click Sign out.
I’m a parent and want to enroll in the course. How do I do this?
Have a portal account?
If you have an MCPS Parent Portal account, once your student enrolls in the course, you are automatically enrolled as an Observer. This means that you can click all links to view resources but not submit assignments or quizzes. For more information on utilizing your Observer role in myMCPS Classroom, access these support guides.
Don’t have a portal account?
Follow the steps below or watch this screencast
- Navigate to portal.mcpsmd.org and click Create Account
- Click the hyperlink to read regulation IGT-RA
- Click I Agree
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your personal email address. If you do not have an email address access this guide to help you create one. MCPS staff: Use a personal email address rather than your MCPS address
- Create a 7 character password.
- Make sure you have your student’s Access ID and Access Password nearby. This is found in the letter that was sent to your student’s primary address.
- If you do not have a copy of this letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the name, Access ID and Access Password for each student you want to link to your account.
I don’t have an email address.
There are many free email providers available to you. You can create an account with Google, Yahoo, or many others. After filling out some basic profile information, creating an email address specific to you, and creating a secure password, you will be able to access your email from any web enabled device
myMCPS Classroom works best in the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
How do I navigate within the myMCPS Classroom Course?
After you have logged into myMCPS Classroom, the Dashboard icon will take you to all of the courses that you are enrolled in. Click on the course tile that you wish to navigate to.
Within the course, the Home link on the Course navigation toolbar will take you to the overview of the learning activities. Use the Module listing screen at the bottom of the homepage to navigate to each of the learning activities.
As you complete learning activities, click the Mark as Done button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then click the Next button at the bottom of the page to go to the next learning activity.
If you are still having difficulty please contact: email@example.com.