Cold Spring Elementary PTA
PTA News & Updates
PTA Board of Directors for the 2023 - 2024 school year
Erika Schor, President
Marisa Marinos, President Elect
Brooke Rickett, Vice President
Kate Collen, Treasurer
Rachel Azoff, Secretary
VACANT, MCCPTA Representative (please reach out to email@example.com if interested/willing to fill this position)
Back to School Social
Mark Your Calendars! The PTA sponsored Back to School Social is this Thursday, September 7th, from 5:30 - 7:30 pm, at the Cold Spring ES blacktop and playground. Food and ice cream will be available for purchase (please bring cash). Let's celebrate the start of school together! Flyer
PTA Volunteer Info Session - PLEASE ATTEND!
The PTA will be hosting a Volunteer Information Session on Friday, September 15th at 9 am in the APR. Come join us to learn how you can get involved this year!
Spirit wear sales are open for a limited time!
From our Staff Appreciation Chair, Lindsay Koosed
Please help us take care of our wonderful faculty and staff by keeping their staff lounge stocked with goodies! We have 43 staff members, so a Costco-sized box is enough to make sure everyone finds something they like. Once you sign up and leave your email, I will email you directly with my address so you can drop off your donation before the date listed on this Signup Genius. I will then bring everything to school at once to minimize disruption. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you!!
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E094BAAA92DA4F94-stock
Kiddo Enrichment Activities
Fall after school activities are open for sign up. Most classes start late September/early October, and a couple begin mid September. Sign up now before spots fill! Sign up for all activities except music are on the Kiddo site, via the link below. For music sign ups, click HERE.
Sign up here: Kiddo · For Schools
About the PTA
The PTA organizes and facilitates a wide range of activities, programs, and events at Cold Spring in an effort to provide enrichment for all of our children. We work together with the school administration and teachers to find the best ways to create engaging programs for our students and need your support to make these efforts a success!
Join the PTA and help support Cold Spring! Membership is $30 each year and supports the PTA's efforts to provide valuable programs and activities for our children and staff throughout the year. We also ask you to make a $60 direct donation for each child you have at Cold Spring. Direct Donations help us limit traditional fundraising activities, i.e., selling stuff!
AtoZ Connect is now powered by Membership Toolkit to bring you the best directory experience available. PTA memberships, directories, and communications will all run through the newly improved online software. The system is secure, easy to use, and free to families.
To access the Cold Spring PTA AtoZ Connect site and get started, click here: https://coldspringes-pta.membershiptoolkit.com/
Follow these step-by-step instructions to verify your information, join and donate to the PTA:
1) Click “Register”
- IMPORTANT NOTE:EVERYONE will need to CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT on AtoZ’s new platform the first time you log on even if you used the old AtoZ app/site. If you had an account on the old AtoZ site, please CREATE AN ACCOUNT with the email account in which you are receiving this email (hint: look above in the “to:” field and use that email). By using this email address, the system will pre-populate your family contact info.
2) You’ve got mail!
- Check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
3) Finish your registration
- Parent/Family and Student Info
- Directory/Publish Preferences
4) Visit the Store
- Join the PTA
- Make a Donation to Support the PTA
The Cold Spring PTA has a facebook page!
To join, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/ColdSpringPTA/. Click on "join group" for approval. If you are not already a facebook user, consider creating an account. It's one more way to stay in the loop!
Support the Cold Spring PTA
Support the PTA through a donation or sign up for rewards programs. This is an easy way for you to support programs and activities throughout the school year!
- Desktop: On your first visit to smile.amazon.com you need to select Cold Spring Elementary School PTA (Potomac, MD). Amazon will remember your selection and each time you make a purchase on AmazonSmile. Remember for the PTA receive a donation you must be on smile.amazon.com when you shop.
- App: AmazonSmile is now available in the shopping App. To turn on AmazonSmile in the App go to the Main Menu, then under Programs & Features select Amazon Smile.
Harris Teeter Together in Education (school ID 7901) - When you shop at Harris Teeter the Cold Spring PTA can earn 1 point for every $1 spent on specific brands. Every year you have to relink your VIC card, so if you signed up last year you'll have to sign-up again! Have children at multiple schools, no worries you can tie your VIC card up to five different schools. How to sign-up:
- Login to your Harris Teeter account and link to the Cold Spring PTA. Our school code is 7901.
- Link though the App. Go to "My Account" and click "Together in Education". In the search type Cold Spring Elementary and link your account.
- Let the PTA link your Harris Teeter VIC card for you! Submit your information to the PTA.
Box Tops - Box Tops has almost entirely switched from the old clipping system to a new digital one. It may seem like a lot of work, but it only takes minutes. Click here to get details on how to participate.
Label Daddy - Our PTA has an ongoing partnership with LabelDaddy, who gives 25% of your purchase back to our PTA. Simply use the link to purchase personalized name labels for school that are the perfect solution to keep your kids' items out of the lost and found. Labels can be used on small school supplies, notebooks, binders, jackets, lunchboxes, water bottles and more.