Language & Literature
Language is a powerful tool for expressing ideas, beliefs, and feelings.
Knowledge of language facilitates thought.
Readers, listeners, and viewers continually develop and apply strategies to construct meaning from increasingly complex and challenging texts.
Writers and speakers strategically use language to communicate for a variety of purposes.
Individuals need advanced literacy skills to participate actively and successfully in today’s demanding, information-based society.
Literature reveals the complexities of the world and human experience.
Language & Literature Course Syllabi
Course Offerings & Curriculum Links
- Adv English 6
- Adv English 7
- Adv English 8
- Humanities English 6, 7 and 8
- Developmental Reading (mixed grade levels)
- Read180 - Years 1 & 2 (mixed grade levels)
- Digital Literacy 1 (6th grade only)
- Digital Literacy 2 (7th grade only)
- Digital Literacy 3 (8th grade only)
- Lights, Camera, Media
- ESOL (Levels 1 - 5)
- Grading and Reporting
- When Reading is a Challenge
- When Writing is a Challenge
- Read Write Think
- Scholastic - School Help for Grade 6
- Scholastic - School Help for Grade 7
- Scholastic - School Help for Grade 8