Jumpstart to College Dual Enrollment
What is the Jumpstart to College Dual Enrollment Program?
- The Jump Start to College dual enrollment program is a partnership between Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) and Montgomery College (MC).
- This program provides qualified, highly motivated 11th- and 12th-grade MCPS students the opportunity to earn college credits while in high school.
- These college classes will be offered at no cost beginning with the 2023-24 school year.
Where can parents & caregivers learn more about Jumpstart?
- CHS families are invited to an informational webinar about the program on Thursday, March 23rd, at 6 PM.
When: Mar 23, 2023 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Jumpstart Dual Enrollment Program Meeting
- Panelists will include Jennifer MacDonald, Dual Enrollment Program Assistant for CHS; Evelyn Zapata, Counselor at CHS; and Yolandra Johnson, Academic Coordinator for the Office of Academic Initiative at Montgomery College.
How can CHS students learn more about Jumpstart?
- Students are encouraged to attend lunchtime information sessions about the program on Monday, March 20th, or Tuesday, March 21st, in Room 103.
When is registration for Fall 2023?
- Registration for the Fall semester begins next month!
- Students should attend one of the lunchtime info sessions to get information on how to apply as a dual enrollment student at MC.
- The deadline to register for Fall 2023 is May 19th for new participants and May 26th for current Jumpstart students.
Do students need a placement test to participate?
- All students must meet a minimum college-readiness level to participate in Jumpstart. Most CHS students take the Accuplacer (a free college placement test used by MC and other colleges) to demonstrate college readiness.
- CHS will administer the Accuplacer on March 30th during Periods 1-4 and April 20th. Pre-registration is required to take the Accuplacer. The registration deadline for the March 30th test is March 24th and April 13th for the April 20th test.
- In some cases, students can use an SAT or ACT score, unweighted GPA, or some AP scores in place of the Accuplacer.
- Students can email or see our Dual Enrollment Program Assistant, Mrs. Jennifer MacDonald (Room 247), to preregister for the Accuplacer. If you are interested in using other test scores or your GPA instead of the Accuplacer, please have these scores with you and bring them to Mrs. MacDonald for verification.