Principal's Weekly Message
A message from Principal Edward Owusu
Clarksburg High School Students, Staff, and Families,
Its finally here! The First Day of School.
School begins this Monday, September 29 at 7:45 am and we are planning a great welcome for all of our 2,247 students - DJ and music included! Seniors in the Class of 2023 will meet at 6:30 am in the Senior Parking Lot for Senior Sunrise. Pre-ordered senior t-shirts will be on hand for pickup. Please see the full newsletter that has been emailed, online, or on our social networks for important details and remember:
LOOKOUT - DRIVE, RIDE, AND WALK SAFEYLY!
Homeroom classrooms will be used on both Monday and Tuesday to start the day this week. Here is the CHS HOMEROOM Classroom list that will also be posted around the school.
As a reminder, good attendance all year is important. Please help deliver the message:
Early is on time - On time is late - Late is unacceptable (room for improvement)! :-)
In the week ahead some things to note:
- Charge your Chromebook every night and bring it to school.
- No Drop Off or Pickup on Wims Road or 355/Frederick Ave. Parents and caregivers should use Foreman Boulevard at the traffic light for all drop off or pickup of students.
- Make plans to join us for Back-to-School Night, Thursday, September 1 at 7:00 pm.
- Students will take yearbook photos via English Classes on Thurs, Fri, and next Tue.
- There will be a Fire Drill held this week. Emergency Preparedness Drills are held throughout the year. Safety is, and must always be, a priority.
- A Club and Extracurricular Activities Fair will be held this week during lunch.
- There will be a Pep Rally to start the Fall Athletic Season on Friday afternoon.
- Class colors are: Seniors wear BLACK; Juniors wear Royal Blue, Sophomores wear Coyote Blue (Light Blue), Freshman wear White. Students are encouraged to show class pride colors on Friday.
Bus schedules for the 2022–2023 school year are posted online for the entire county, as well as for CHS (See CHS Bus Schedules). Some bus routes may change. Department of Transportation staff are working diligently to ensure all routes are covered and efficient; however, some routes may experience service delays due to staffing and the need for multiple runs. Updates regarding delays and uncovered routes will be communicated on a daily basis by schools and available on the MCPS website.
In this weekly message you will find a message from our College & Career Center, athletics schedules and more.
Check out the Weekly Newsletter Here: https://www.smore.com/rb2ks
As always, thank you for your continued support and trust.
And remember, together we are ONE Clarksburg!
Past Weekly Messages