AP (Advanced Placement) Exams & Course Information
AP Exams are administered during the first two weeks in May.
If you need assistance paying for the AP Exams please complete the AP Exam Fee Assistance Request Form and return it to the school by 11/10/2019.
- CollegeBoard is now requiring schools to order AP exams in November. Any exam ordered after the November deadline will incur a $40 late fee. MCPS is currently developing a system to register our students online. Students that change their mind after the deadline will be entitled to a refund minus the $40 fee.
- Students requesting a financial assistance with exam fees must fill out the Fee Waiver Request Form
Online payment information. All standard exam fees are divided into two payments. A $40 deposit that is due before November 10th and the remaining balance which can be paid before the students sits for the exam. A 3.75% fee will be added to the purchase price of a school purchase as a site service fee. This fee is not collected by MCPS, but is a processing fee of the company hosting the site.
Students that do not pay the $40 Exam deposit by November 10th will have their registration cancelled and an exam will not be ordered for them.
AP Classes that are being/have been offered at CHS are:
- Studio Art 3D Ceramics
- Studio Art 2D Digital Art
- AP Drawing
- Studio Art 2D Photography
- Music Theory
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
History and Social Sciences:
- Comparative Government and Politics
- European History
- United States Government and Politics
- United States History
- World History
STEM: (Science Technology Engineering and Math)
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science Principles
- Computer Science Programming
- Environmental Science
- Physics 1: Algebra
- Physics C: Mechanics
- Spanish Language
- Spanish Literature