We Value Our Volunteers!
Would you like to volunteer at Clarksburg? Be sure to complete mandatory online training and submit evidence of completion to the Main Office. This certification is good for three years.
Volunteer Procedures and Guidelines
Thank you very much for volunteering your time. You are making an invaluable contribution to children’s lives and your child’s school! Please take a moment to review the information below. Adherence to these procedures and guidelines will help ensure an optimal learning environment at Clarksburg Elementary School.
Volunteer Code of Ethics
- Dependability – Be responsible for your scheduled times and notify school staff if you are not able to meet your commitments.
- Confidentiality – Respect the rights of staff and students. All information at school is confidential. At no time should parent volunteers discuss other students or staff members. Respect the confidentiality of students’ abilities and behavior. What occurs in the classroom should not be discussed elsewhere.
- It is critical that you sign in and out through the Visitor Management System in the Main Office.
- Wear a volunteer badge at all times.
- Teachers should have a folder of materials prepared for you when you visit. Please wait for an appropriate time to interrupt classroom instruction if you have additional questions.
- Teachers or other staff members are those with the primary responsibility for maintaining student discipline and determining instructional programs. When you are assisting, you will be asked to maintain proper student behavior. Please refer any repeated difficulties to a staff member.
- Siblings are not permitted in the classrooms when you are volunteering to ensure an optimal learning environment.
- Volunteers MUST be trained on procedures with our copier.
- When using the copy machine, please yield to staff members.
- If you need help, please ask!
- Please keep the workroom neat and clean.
- You are welcome to use the staff restrooms throughout the building.
- Please feel free to enter the teacher’s lounge to use the soda machine but not to stay. It is important that teachers have a private place to work and, if necessary, share confidential information about students. Coffee in the workroom is purchased by individual teachers and is not available to volunteers.
- Refrain from having your cell phone in the standard “ring” mode while in the school. If you must take a call, move into the hallway to talk.
- Please do not use volunteer time in the building to visit your child or have a conference about your child. If you need a conference with your child’s teacher, please set up an appointment.
- Teacher desks contain private materials. It is not appropriate to look at papers on their desks or in drawers unless asked to do so.
- We prefer to address adults with their last names such as Ms. Smith or Mr. Brown.
Emergency Drill Procedures
- If you are present during a fire drill, you must evacuate the building with the class or through the nearest exit door.
- During other emergency drills, please follow the direction of staff members.