Meet Your School Counselor, Ms. Gordon!
School Year 2019-2020
Greetings Carderock Springs Elementary Families!
I'm thrilled to continue as your School Counselor and look forward to working together with our wonderful school community again this year!
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns -- I look forward to supporting you and your children!
Direct Phone Number - (240)740-0545
Email - Stephanie_Gordon@mcpsmd.org
What is the Role of the Counselor?
I am here for all students! My primary goal is to ensure that all students in our building feel safe and comfortable at school. I work to meet this goal through:
- Classroom lessons
- Responsive counseling
- Individual student planning
- Staff and parent consultation
- Academic advocacy
- Bi-weekly Cub Counseling lessons in all K-5 classrooms
- Small Group Counseling -- provided as needed to address/enhance
- social skills
- organization/study skills
- mindfulness tools for self-regulation.
- Individual Counseling
- Provided on a short term basis to help students:
- use effective problem solving skills
- express feelings or concerns
- Many other activities and programs including:
- Carderock Buddies
- Peer Tutors
- lunch bunches
- the "Carderock Cub" behavior program