Enroll Your Child

After enrolling, click here for all the new school year information

 Enroll Your Child At Burnt Mills ES   

For information about enrolling your child or transferring schools, click on the link below:

MCPS Quick Guide to Enrollment  

You can enroll your child at Burnt Mills Elementary everyday at the main office. 

To save time, you can print and complete these forms.

        1. Download your New Student Information Form here. 

        2. Fill out your Student Emergency Card

        3. With your dentist, complete the Dental Health Form 

        4. Immunization Form  (Vaccine Requirement for Children)

        5. Student Record Card 6 Health Assessment

        6.  If you are enrolling a child in kindergarten or first grade, you will also complete the Blood Lead Certificate  

School assignment is based on home address. If you do not know what school your child should attend, please click here to use the School Assignment Tool.

If the parent is not listed on the Lease (rentals) or Property Taxes (Own), you will also need to complete a notarized Shared Housing Form with the person who is listed on the lease or deed. 


Enroll Your Kindergartner At Burnt Mills ES

2020-2021 Kindergarten Handbook      English / Español 

    Required Forms from the 2020-2021 MCPS  Kindergarten Handbook       English / Español

    Student Record Health Assessment       English / Español

    Burnt Mills New Student Homeroom Placement Fact Sheet for Kindergarteners     English / Español

Vaccine Requirement for Children 


Enrolling Your Child in the Spanish Immersion Program

For more information on the Burnt Mills Spanish Immersion Program and how to enroll see the links below:

Immersion Lottery FAQs

Immersion Video

Immersion Interest Form (apply here)