CANCELLED FOR SUMMER 2019
13th Annual High School 101 - Summer of 2019
Ninth grade is an important year because a smooth transition to high school starts a student on the path to academic success and positive social experiences. Incoming Blake students can get a running start on being ready for the challenges of high school by enrolling in our unique summer program. High School 101 eases the transition from middle school and builds connections to Blake that will be in place when the academic year begins. New ninth grade “Bengals” will be ready to learn from the first day of school, bolstered by the academic support and activities in High School 101. High School 101 is a week filled with useful information, self-discovery, skill-building and new friends—all delivered in a fun atmosphere of hands-on activities. Blake High School invites your son or daughter to join us for this “starting point” toward achievement and high school success.
- This program is open to current 8th graders who will be in the 9th grade at Blake HS during the 2019 - 2020 school year.
- High School 101 will run July 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Transportation is provided and a list of stops will be published after registration closes on May 17, 2019.
- The cost of the program is $125 with reduced rates for families that qualify for waivers.
- Use the Blake High School Online School Payments system to make your payment.
- Complete the paper High School 101 Registration Form, check the box for Credit Card (Paid Online) in Part III and send the signed form into James Hubert Blake High School. You can mail it to us at the address below or drop it off in the main office.
- Complete the paper High School 101 Registration Form.
- Check the box for Check or Money Order in Part III and sign the form.
- Send or drop off the form and the payment to James Hubert Blake High School.
School Mailing Address
High School 101 Registration
300 Norwood Road
Silver Spring, MD 20905
Mr. Bob Sinclair, Principal