James Hubert Blake High School
2019 - 2020 Back to School Resources
Welcome to our summer resource bank. We are hoping to have all of the resources ready for you by late July/early August. We will be sending a connect-ed call and email when they are ready!
General Blake HS Back to School Information
- Welcome Letter from Mr. Sinclair
- Bell Schedules
- Regular Bell Schedules **NEW SCHEDULES THIS YEAR**
- First Week Schedules
- Cafeteria Information
- Homeroom Assignments
- MCPS Calendar
- Notification of Rights Under the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
- Parking Permit Information (updated for 19-20)
- Pesticide Information Form
- School Supplies-
- Blake High School does not have a school supplies list, however, specific courses will share more information during the first week of school. All students should come to school with pens, pencils, paper, and organizational tools such as binders and folders.
- Student Emergency Information
- Families can update student emergency contact information through the myMCPS Parent Portal.
- You can learn more about updating your contact information via the myMCPS Parent Portal here.
- Information on activating your myMCPS Parent Portal account can be found here.
- Parent Child Reunification Authorization Form
- Student Service Learning Hours (SSL)
- All MCPS students are required to earn 75 SSL hours to graduate.
- Transportation Information
Information for 12th Grade Students
- Senior Picture Information
- Senior Pictures were done in late June, early July
- Missed your pictures? Questions? Contact Victor O'Neill Studios ( https://vosphoto.com/blake/ )
- Senior Banquet
- Date and Time TBD
- Senior Prom
- May 1, 2020
- Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center- 9751 Washingtonian Blvd., Gaithersburg, MD 20878
- Date and Time TBD
Information for 9th Grade Students
New Student Half Day Orientation
- What: An opportunity for incoming 9th graders, and students who are new to the school to get to see the school, meet staff, learn about Blake, and meet their new classmates.
- Who: First time 9th graders and students new to Blake
- When: Thursday, August 29th, 7:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- How: Students should come to school using the method they will during the school year. Buses will run at the regular pick up times and will run home after the day is over.
Incoming 9th Grade Parent meeting
- Thursday, August 29, 2019- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- 9th grade parents are invited to attend and learn about the 9th grade year as well as high school life at Blake HS.
Fall Calendar Dates
- August 29- New Student Orientation
- August 29- 9th Grade Parent Meeting
- September 3- First Day of School
- September 9-13- Back to School Spirit Week
- September 12- Back to School Night
- September 17- PTSA Meeting, 7 pm in the Blake Media Center
- September 30- No School for Students
PTSA Back to School Information
- There is a tendency to think once we get to high school, the PTSA is no longer relevant. We are ready to be done buying wrapping paper and being Room Parents. But the truth is, our high school students, teachers and community need us more than ever. The stakes are much higher so we are not done yet. The Blake PTSA is the ONLY organization that helps all students and the stronger our PTSA, the more powerful our collective voice.
- Please take a moment to join the PTSA. The cost is just $35 per family and your contribution will help support critical programs like:
- Sources of Strength (suicide prevention for all students)
- Student Recognition
- PTSA Scholarships
- Staff Appreciation
- NAACP Parent Council
- Mark your calendars for the first PTSA meeting on Tuesday, September 17 @7pm in the media center. And please ‘like' the Blake PTSA Facebook page for updates and the latest news.
Additional Back to School Resources from MCPS
- Asbestos Management Plan Information
- Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form
- Complaint From the Public
- Changes to ADVANCED PLACEMENT EXAM REGISTRATION process
To learn more about fall sports please visit the Blake High School Athletics Website.
Please note that the fall season starts August 14th and students need updated physicals and paperwork to participate. This is all provided on the website.